Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to test drive a T-Roc on Tuesday. Don't know what engine size the demonstrater will be. Wife currently has a 1.4 Sport A1 and looking at the 1.0 115 engine. Do you think it will be underpowered compared to the Audi. Budget restraints tend to favour the 1.0L

·
Registered
47 Posts
My missus has a 90hp 1.2 polo & we test drove the 1.0L T-ROC. To be fair it felt on a par with the polo, perfectly adequate around town & didn't feel underpowered for town driving but you could tell it wouldn't have much mid range torque for motorway driving. I ended up going for the 1.5 evo petrol with 150bhp as it wasn't much more than the 1 litre engine. Really glad I did, it's a lovely drive, way quicker & torquier than I expected for how big the car is. I've come from a 184 hp golf gtd diesel & thought the t-roc would be woefully slow in comparison but it really isn't. If your mainly driving around town I'd go for the 1.0, but if your going to be using it on motorways i'd Definitely pay the slight extra for the 1.5

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm going from 1.4tsi Golf to 1.0 T-roc - I'll miss the extra low down torque but having test driven the 1.0 I was impressed by it's smoothness. As said above, it'll be fine in town where I do most of my driving. On my longer motorway journeys I'm sure it will cruise okay - Scottish motorways tends to be quieter and less cut and thrust than those down south. I didn't think I could justify the price premium for the 1.5 but maybe I'm just a bit tight

·
Registered
402 Posts
CJD said:
I ended up going for the 1.5 evo petrol with 150bhp as it wasn't much more than the 1 litre engine.
It's fully £1800 more... Maybe not much to you.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I thought it was about £600 extra so I obviously overlooked that one as I didn't think it was an extra £1800 on the online configurator. Maybe not quite as cheap as I thought but having driven both I'm glad I opted for the 1.5 :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have the option of a 1.0L design or a 1.5L design and don't know which to choose. Do a lot of short 15-30 min driving on main A roads and occasional 4hr motorway journey to visit parents in Scottish Borders. Difference in pcp is £17 a month but with an extra £2000 deposit payments for the 1.5. 1.0 has no extra packs, 1.5 has digital display and Panoramic roof. Are the extras and bigger engine worth the extra money for driving I'm doing? Covering around 12,000 miles a year. Have to decide today! Help please!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi. It's not a straight forward question to answer. I have ordered the smaller engine as it's fast enough for me, and I also prefer the lower running costs. But I also opted for the panoramic roof as I had a car before with it, and really enjoyed the airy feeling. 2k are in my opinion (and wallet) a rather big amount but everything included it could be worth it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tricky... I have just picked up our new 1.5L T-Roc. We will probably do less miles than you but like you also do the occasional motorway drive. Couldn't b more pleased with the engine we have - is nice on short journeys and really comfortable on the motorway. The digital dash is also really nice. So whilst £2,000 is a lot, if it were me I know that I'd definitely happy with the larger engine and other extras and wouldn't want to run the risk that I'd paid £000's for a car but had tried to save a bit and therefore wasn't happy with it overall. Of course up to you though! Let us know what you decide!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Ordered a 1.0 yesterday. Took it on a test drive of the kind of stuff I usually do (town, dual, mway) and it was fine on all of them. Of course the 1.5 is faster, but I'm no speed freak and the 1.0 coped comfortably with everything I did. I was blown away by the ACC and Lane Assist. Even had something slow down rapidly in front of me and the car just did its thing with no intervention from me. Loved it. Can't wait for it to arrive (June quoted).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts