Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm more than happy with the 1.0 performance. I read more than one review that suggested it struggled on motorways and a comment within this forum from someone (who probably read one of these reviews) who wondered if fuel economy would plummet due to having to thrash the engine on motorways.
None of that is true (for me at least) and I've been on the hilliest motorways, dual carriageway and national speed limit A roads in this area. All with no problems at all and the car taking everything in its stride in 6th without getting remotely out of its depth. I went up the "dreaded" Sutton Bank yesterday and would have cruised it in 3rd if I hadn't caught up a Mondeo that seemed to be having to use 1st. Absolutely no worries at all in the North Yorkshire hills. Getting 43mpg on the "long term" but day to day getting more like 50 on my trips to work and back. Only 200 more miles till she's run in!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm over 1200 miles in now and long term 45 mpg. Performance is perfectly adequate, acceleration in 6th gear on motorways is less than my previous 1.4 tsi Golf but still acceptable. As I think I've said before, the 1.0 litre engine seems fine for everyday driving. In a perfect world I'd have gone for the 1.5 litre but had to keep costs sensible (for my budget). As it is, some drivers seem to have issues with the bigger engine in first gear whereas the 1.0 pulls away from stops/at roundabouts with no hesitation at all. I'm presently enjoying going up and down the hills in Snowdonia....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.