Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I’m looking at buying a new T-Roc and am looking for some advice.
My options are to buy a 1l TSI that is in stock at my local garage or order a new 1.5l for delivery from the factory.
Just wondering if anyone would recommend waiting for the 1.5l and know what current lead times are for new cars? I have a baby due at the end of december and worry about car not being delivered in time.
Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,826 Posts
Have you had a test drive in either car ? If you have and are happy with the 1.0 then a stock car in a suitable colour and with +/- set of options is probably the better choice.

However, if the only thing which is leading you to the 1.0 is it's immediate availabilty then I would suggest you look at some of the online car brokers such as CarWow, DriveTheDeal or Orangewheels as they can often supply a car that would fit your requirements and preferences much faster than going through a dealer for a personal factory order, and you get a discount too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I’ve test driven the 1L and it felt fine but I’ve seen some reviews saying it can feel a bit sluggish when loaded up.
I’ll have a look at those websites!
My main worry for the 1.5 is if delivery times really drag on.

·
Super Moderator
2,826 Posts
On CarWow you can search for cars available for immediate delivery as well as enter a custom spec for a factory build. You need a to register or use a Google account to login.

I did a basic search just now for a 1.5 manual for immediate delivery and there are lots (> 60) to choose from in different trims, but you have to look at the details of specific 'offers' to see colour and any options. A rear view camera is one of the best options to look for.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I’ve test driven the 1L and it felt fine but I’ve seen some reviews saying it can feel a bit sluggish when loaded up.
I’ll have a look at those websites!
My main worry for the 1.5 is if delivery times really drag on.
I've driven the 1.0 and owned a 1.5 (which I returned to VW because it suffered from the 'kangaroo' issue). The 1.0 was smooth enough but it's under-powered (only 3 cylinders) imho though probably fine around town. The issue with the 1.5 model is resolved apparently but T Rocs don't have the best build quality, again, imho. Congrats on the baby! :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the 1.0lt and yes it is great around town, but I only do long journeys 6-12 times a year usualy Newcastle to Lincoln but also reacent did London and back the same day so 10hr + and it was great just as good as my old Audi A4 :) , so I would recommend you test drive if you can :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the 1.0lt and yes it is great around town, but I only do long journeys 6-12 times a year usualy Newcastle to Lincoln but also reacent did London and back the same day so 10hr + and it was great just as good as my old Audi A4 :) , so I would recommend you test drive if you can :)
Thanks for your reply.
So would you say the 1.0l is enough in the t-roc? I’ve test driven the 1 but not the 1.5.
There seem to be quite differing views online between the two engines so quite hard to decide!

·
Registered
414 Posts
The 1 litre engine is very good my wife has the 115hp version in her car it is good on the motorway (it’s got the DSG gearbox) never any lack of power. The only time is seems a little bit slower is when I’ve been driving my 2 litre and I decide to over take two or three cars at the same time. Just driving normally from the traffic lights without trying it leaves every one behind and that’s not even trying to it is very quick especially with the DSG.
Many times I’ve wondered why I bothered with the 2 lite. But some times I like to drive very quickly and I’ve had many fast sports cars in the past to the point I sometimes feel my 2litre is a bit slow.
to get to the point unless you drive very quickly the 1 litre is very good.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've had a 1.0 for 6 months now. Mostly just me and my wife in it, but it's plenty powerful enough. Had to drive it in anger recently, work the gears and it will give you all the speed most people need. Runs out of steam earlier than a 1.5 would I'm sure, but it's no slouch and I think it's a lovely drive.

·
Registered
94 Posts
In my
The 1 litre engine is very good my wife has the 115hp version in her car it is good on the motorway (it’s got the DSG gearbox) never any lack of power. The only time is seems a little bit slower is when I’ve been driving my 2 litre and I decide to over take two or three cars at the same time. Just driving normally from the traffic lights without trying it leaves every one behind and that’s not even trying to it is very quick especially with the DSG.
Many times I’ve wondered why I bothered with the 2 lite. But some times I like to drive very quickly and I’ve had many fast sports cars in the past to the point I sometimes feel my 2litre is a bit slow.
to get to the point unless you drive very quickly the 1 litre is very good.
I thought DSG was only available with the 1.5 litre engine?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sorry I’ve done this before my wife’s 1 litre is a seat Arona same engine but available with DSG with the Arona

·
Registered
414 Posts
According to the 0 to 60 times it’s showing the same for both models ??

·
Registered
230 Posts
would you say the 1.0l is enough in the t-roc? I’ve test driven the 1 but not the 1.5.
There seem to be quite differing views online between the two engines so quite hard to decide!
A lot depends on how you like to drive. I'm one of those that takes each car I drive as whatever it does it does.
If you don't mind changing gear a lot then the 1.0 is fine, enough power to keep up with traffic, quick enough from lights, good enough on motorways (but may need to change gear on uphills to overtake).
Also driven a 1.5. Obviously more power, more relaxed drive due to less gear changes and on motorways you just press the 'loud pedal' instead of changing gear to overtake uphill.
A lot depends on where you are to use it. If mainly knocking about locally then 1.0 fine but if intending to use regularly on longer distances full of stuff then the 1.5 may be a better overall choice.
Both will do the job, but it depends on what driving style you prefer.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
94 Posts
According to the 0 to 60 times it’s showing the same for both models ??
0-60 measured as 10.2 for Arona, 11.0 for T-ROC according to What Car reviews. Not much different in real life but T-ROC is heavier so hardly surprising, difference will increase at higher speeds. All the T-ROC reviews suggest the 1.5 is the engine best suited to the car.

·
Registered
414 Posts
From what figures I’ve seen for MPG they are saying it’s the same or almost the same for the 1 litre and 1.5. If it was my car I’d get the 1.5 then

·
Registered
414 Posts
Well as for performance of the 1,0 TSI engine my wife and a relative have just driven her car 1818km in about 24 hours without any problem.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts