Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am currently looking at purchasing a T-Roc 1.5ltr DSG R-Line, coming from a Golf GTD DSG. Has anyone else made a similar transition? I'm still trying to locate a demo car to test drive.

I'd love the 2.0ltr, but the price is more than I am willing to pay.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi Twobob. I have owned both Golf GTD and GTI and find the 1.5TSI a great power plant. Obviously it is not a 2 ltr engine pumping out 200bhp but its more than adequate and fun to drive. It has the low down torque of the GTD and climbs hills with ease. Good fuel figures also in comparison as well.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I agree AV82, I had 3 GTi s previous to my 1.5 T Roc and there is more than enough power and as I only do around 6500 miles a year I very rarely was able to use the potential power of the GTi. And the economy, I'm getting regularly 45 mpg plus.
In addition the technology and connectivity is better than my Mk 7 GTi
So twobob, I can recommend the change

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've currently got a GTI performance so a lot of punch and I'll be going to a 1.5 R Line T-Roc.

I was pleased there wasn't a huge difference in power during the test drive and I'm pretty sure the mpg will be better.

If I miss the 2 litre, I'll either go back to a Golf or get the bigger engine for the next one!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts