Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I just found a review on Youtube (18 jun 2018) that promises soft touch plastics in the fall model update. The reviewer says that VW admits to buyers concern over the hard plastics and will replace 2019 models with better quality materials.

The Youtube review is in danish language:

The link in the video description links to a full review: www.magacin.dk/biler/test-bestaaet-men-med-anmaerkninger/ar9170/

Here the text also promise a fall update of interior. No further details.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm hoping mine comes with the update, it's provisional date of mid-November but expecting January to February for delivery so fingers crossed.
I do prefer the soft touch in my current vw but it didn't put me off ordering one.

·
Registered
240 Posts
That'll definitely be a brucey bonus. I wonder when this will be confirmed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Saw the same review sometime ago and mentioned it in a danish T-roc facebook group. Nobody there had heard about it, including several VW people. The common understanding was, that it was a sole reviewer who got something wrong. I still believe its the case as it hasn't been mentioned anywhere else since. I don't believe a small danish reviewer gets information nobody else gets...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Be nice but sceptical as I think it's too early for an update & it's not like they aren't flying off the shelves & basically can't make them quick enough!
SF

·
Registered
2 Posts
More information would have someone from VW Spain (because T-Rocs are build there).
My friend from another VW branch told me that it's possible. There are even some sketches in their system and it looks like there are soft plastic materials. But he didn't have any other information about other improvements nor the release date.

·
Registered
240 Posts
It was launched last October so it's highly possible it could have changes as its nearly a year in already. The tiguan had spec and trim changes after a year of launch so it's not beyond the realms of possibility but will need confirmation.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Looks like fake news to me !
Too early into production as others have said, I get spec changes as in what's standard or an option but such a major change to the build I would guess happens only half way though it's expected current model run.
Very much hope I am wrong, my order has gone to stage 2 today !

·
Registered
451 Posts
hfour said:
More information would have someone from VW Spain (because T-Rocs are build there).
Thought they were built in Portugal ?

·
Registered
451 Posts
From Clio55...........
I was told verbally that soft plastics were coming but I cannot find anything to substantiate that - maybe I have been misinformed :( Has anyone else heard the same?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have spoken to vw UK and asked the question. Now i know theyre not always right but they have said the only changes for my19 are the petrol engines are gaining a filter, the sports pack now includes red sticking to the steering wheel and red dash pads will now be an option. These are the only changes they are currently aware of.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Still waiting for my 2019 T-Roc SE 1.5 DSG to be allocated a build date (ordered in Feb), but I note on the current VW T-Roc website the main photo has a small banner saying "New Trim". My local VW agent doesn't know what that means but then again I haven't come across any of my 4 local agents that know much about anything when it comes to ordering a T-Roc. So may be "soft touch" is coming... then again.. maybe not.

Ian

·
Registered
240 Posts
I think when they put this it just means it's a new model to the range as opposed to the actual trim of the vehicle, if you look at other models, like the up for example has new trim for the gti as its only recently been released. Sorry to spoil your hopes unless they change the brochure at the end of the month and it says differently.

·
Registered
451 Posts
What about this.....
Volkswagen T-Roc Design and Interior

The interior of the upcoming 2019 Volkswagen T-Roc is nowhere close to the rest of the VW's automobiles. Plenty of trimming accenting makes the cabin look and feel upscale. In addition to that, the layout is ideal and the cabin will profit from a lot of soft-touch surfaces and substances. The elegant lines are running across the dashboard and instrument cluster, while the door panels appear perfect.
Found on......
https://reportnewcars.com/2019-volkswagen-t-roc-review-specs-and-design/
It's for the USA market though

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Newtroconthebloc said:
What about this.....
Volkswagen T-Roc Design and Interior

The interior of the upcoming 2019 Volkswagen T-Roc is nowhere close to the rest of the VW's automobiles. Plenty of trimming accenting makes the cabin look and feel upscale. In addition to that, the layout is ideal and the cabin will profit from a lot of soft-touch surfaces and substances. The elegant lines are running across the dashboard and instrument cluster, while the door panels appear perfect.
Found on......
https://reportnewcars.com/2019-volkswagen-t-roc-review-specs-and-design/
It's for the USA market though
I found that article a couple of weeks ago when doing a google search on the plastics. Even though I'm not an english native speaker, there's something odd about the text. Like it has been through google translate. Maybe not too reliable. So far no real confirmation available.
Not that I mind the hard plastics. Except maybe on the drivers door, where I find the padded area far too small.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just bumping this topic - has anyone had any news since about 2019 spec change? I ordered back in September but have had several delays, now looking at late Jan/Feb. Just wondering if there are any goodies to look forward to?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just to confirm, I also spoke to the dealer about MY 19 updates some time ago. He said the only changes were a particulate filter in the engine, plus some red stitching with the sports pack, otherwise the same.

The "new trim" banner on the VW website has been there for some time, months in fact, so there are no noticeable updates for MY 19 cars.

Ian h

1 - 20 of 33 Posts