Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone knows what changes the 2019 model bring.
All i know that for the sport or i think it's sel in the uk the steering wheel is the same as the r line with extra chrome en red as the seats
See pictures 2018 and 2019

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts
That's the million dollar question !
I like the steering wheel, I've ordered SEL with sport pack so hope I get it but don't know about anything else

·
Registered
393 Posts
I prefer the look of the black.I don't like the centre of the chrome wheel at all.

·
Registered
456 Posts
RHS pedal is different!

·
Registered
157 Posts
On the tig they changed the entertainment screen to glass and lost the knobs on the side.
Changed the surrounds of the air vents from chrome and changed the colour of the roof bar mounts.
They were going to put two USB sockets in the back but that was dropped.
It might be something along those line?

·
Registered
451 Posts
JAMCT said:
RHS pedal is different!
So the RHS pedal is different on the LHD car to the RHS on the RHD car :lol:
How is it different ?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Newtroconthebloc said:
JAMCT said:
RHS pedal is different!
How is it different ?
Both of the original poster's [OP's] photos are of a Left Hand Drive [LHD] car. The top 2018 pic's Right Hand Side [RHS] pedal is wide with 6 metal strips compared to the 2019 model's RHS narrower pedal with 3 metal strips per the popular observation test "Spot the differences in the 2 pictures" competitions printed in many newspapers and quiz books. ;)

OOPS ... just 'spotted' that the 2018 car is an automatic with wider pedal and the 2019 car is a manual which is why the pedals are different :oops:

·
Registered
451 Posts
JAMCT said:
Newtroconthebloc said:
JAMCT said:
RHS pedal is different!
How is it different ?
Both of the original poster's [OP's] photos are of a Left Hand Drive [LHD] car. The top 2018 pic's Right Hand Side [RHS] pedal is wide with 6 metal strips compared to the 2019 model's RHS narrower pedal with 3 metal strips per the popular observation test "Spot the differences in the 2 pictures" competitions printed in many newspapers and quiz books. ;)

OOPS ... just 'spotted' that the 2018 car is an automatic with wider pedal and the 2019 car is a manual which is why the pedals are different :oops:
Yes, the middle pedal on the 2019 picture is hidden by the nice new steering wheel :lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I took the screen shots of the dutch website for 2018 model vw.nl en 2019 model vw.de
Maybe anyone else can find differences at them.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Toggle switches on the 2018 LHS spoke of the wheel are over and below the middle toggle whilst 2019 version shows same switch to the left of the centre toggle.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Why does the 2018 steering wheel look like the top of the centre is melting

·
Registered
24 Posts
I went on the german configurator and tried to enter specs similar to my order. ( 2.0 TSI is not there)
If I option the multifunction steering wheel with heating as I have ordered, then it will be the current (old) steering wheel. Otherwise the new steering wheel is shown. I guess the new one will miss that feature.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I believed the new one to be only for R line and sport pack on SEL

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm almost sure that I have also read someplace though I can't find where it was now ( I may have dreamt it) that the chrome around the side air vents has been removed, although not showing in the images by the op.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts