Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

Hi all I ordered a 2.0 r-line 4motion dsg yesterday I wanted to iq lights but vw have took the option to have them off my question is do I still get the strip light across the front of the grill and the drl’s in the fake intakes at the bottom of the front bumper I did ask the salesman and he said he’s not sure and he’ll look into it which I’m pretty sure he won’t now he has my deposit and signature any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
749 Posts
Confusing indeed 🙈

Looking at the UK configurator, the photo doesn't show the separate DRL'S but that could well be wrong?

The rest of Europe seem to show the separate DRL'S on the R-Line as standard.

The led grill strip seems to be part of the iQ light upgrade which also includes the new rear lights with dynamic indicators.

I'd say the new rear lights will become standard at some stage 🤔

I haven't seen one face-lifted t-roc around my area yet!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Confusing indeed 🙈

Looking at the UK configurator, the photo doesn't show the separate DRL'S but that could well be wrong?

The rest of Europe seem to show the separate DRL'S on the R-Line as standard.

The led grill strip seems to be part of the iQ light upgrade which also includes the new rear lights with dynamic indicators.

I'd say the new rear lights will become standard at some stage 🤔

I haven't seen one face-lifted t-roc around my area yet!!
Well ain’t that a bummer don’t suppose you know where I stand as regards cancelling the order? I only placed it yesterday

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
749 Posts
You have already mentioned the separate DRL'S to the dealer & he didn't know, if he doesn't answer it, ask again.
I can't see it being a problem cancelling & getting the deposit refunded if paid 🤔

Reactions: Lken4

·
Super Moderator
2,654 Posts
Well ain’t that a bummer don’t suppose you know where I stand as regards cancelling the order? I only placed it yesterday
I would guess that you could cancel but it seems a bit extreme just for losing the light bar on the grille, which you will not actually notice when driving the car. Why not ask the dealer for some form of compensation, such as something off the price, a servicing package or some other options ? If you don't get an acceptable offer, then you can still cancel and walk away, but it sounds like maybe your heart wasn't in this and you were having second thoughts anyway after placing the order. Do you have an alternative car in mind ?

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
749 Posts
I would guess that you could cancel but it seems a bit extreme just for losing the light bar on the grille.....
There doesn't seem to be the separate daytime running lights either (lower down) only the headlight integrated DRL'S 🤔
Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
50 Posts
"Well ain’t that a bummer don’t suppose you know where I stand as regards cancelling the order? I only placed it yesterday"

Are you buying a car, or a set of DRLs with a car attached?
If the fact the lights are currently unavailable is a deal breaker then I suggest you do indeed cancel the order. It appears it is all you want the car for and will therefore never live up to your expectations. Buy something else that does have the all important DRLs fitted (if you can find something that appeals) and let someone who REALLY wants that T-roc have it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would guess that you could cancel but it seems a bit extreme just for losing the light bar on the grille, which you will not actually notice when driving the car. Why not ask the dealer for some form of compensation, such as something off the price, a servicing package or some other options ? If you don't get an acceptable offer, then you can still cancel and walk away, but it sounds like maybe your heart wasn't in this and you were having second thoughts anyway after placing the order. Do you have an alternative car in mind ?
No mate not at all I’m disappointed I’m going to have to cancel it but if it ain’t exactly what I want I don’t want it at all that’s just how I am🤷🏻‍♂️Not to worry I’m going to win the lotto tonight and I won’t be arsed about a shitty t roc when I’m cruising in me lambo haha thanks for the input though buddy hope you have a great weekend to👍🏻

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
749 Posts
"Well ain’t that a bummer don’t suppose you know where I stand as regards cancelling the order? I only placed it yesterday"

Are you buying a car, or a set of DRLs with a car attached?
If the fact the lights are currently unavailable is a deal breaker then I suggest you do indeed cancel the order. It appears it is all you want the car for and will therefore never live up to your expectations. Buy something else that does have the all important DRLs fitted (if you can find something that appeals) and let someone who REALLY wants that T-roc have it.
Believe it or not it was was the DRL'S on the front of my mrk1 t-roc that sold me the car, if they'd been the DRL'S that are on the lower spec T-roc's then I wouldn't have bought it & I know I'm not alone in saying that🤷‍♂️

I also assumed the mrk2 came with the separate lower down DRL'S but they don't seem to.
The dealer isn't even sure, that says it all.

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
749 Posts
I think they was not sure about the light bar thingy I was told yesterday they are making cuts because of the chip shortage and today I was told it’s because of the war in the Ukraine🤔
Does it come with the lower DRL'S then?

@peterh not sure about the lower R-line DRL'S if they are standard in the uk or not, our configurator doesn't make it clear especially when the photographs don't have them 🤷‍♂️🤔

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
749 Posts
Aren’t the DRL part of the headlights on the MK2 .
Just noticed I misread your earlier reply 🙈
Yes, they are integrated in the lower specs but I assumed the R-Line was higher spec & came with the separate DRL'S mounted lower down.
It seems the lower down separate DRL'S, grill led light bar & rear lights are included in the optional iQ light upgrade, which currently isn't available as an option anyway.

Strange the iQ light upgrade option is still available to configure in other European country's 🤷‍♂️

Also the lower down individually mounted DRL'S are standard in some European countries, the UK used to be better spec'ed than most.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just noticed I misread your earlier reply 🙈
Yes, they are integrated in the lower specs but I assumed the R-Line was higher spec & came with the separate DRL'S mounted lower down.
It seems the lower down separate DRL'S, grill led light bar & rear lights are included in the optional iQ light upgrade, which currently isn't available as an option anyway.

Strange the iQ light upgrade option is still available to configure in other European country's 🤷‍♂️

Also the lower down individually mounted DRL'S are standard in some European countries, the UK used to be better spec'ed than most.
And to add insult to injury you get the IQ lights on the style model I’m going to cancel my order and wait until thing return to normal🤨

·
Super Moderator
2,654 Posts
Some of these 'is there or isn't there' questions may be due to country variations and if all that there is to go on is some promotional/web photos, there are probably disclaimers attached to state that the UK specification cars may differ from those shown. The only way to be absolutely certain is to see the particular model (in this case an R-Line) in the metal.

Have any of those posting seen an R-Line in UK showrooms ?

I went through similar discussions with dealers about the type of spare wheel and the adjustable height boot floor, and even when I saw cars in the showrooms, they weren't all the same or as the dealer described.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Some of these 'is there or isn't there' questions may be due to country variations and if all that there is to go on is some promotional/web photos, there are probably disclaimers attached to state that the UK specification cars may differ from those shown. The only way to be absolutely certain is to see the particular model (in this case an R-Line) in the metal.

Have any of those posting seen an R-Line in UK showrooms ?

I went through similar discussions with dealers about the type of spare wheel and the adjustable height boot floor, and even when I saw cars in the showrooms, they weren't all the same or as the dealer described.
To be fair I can’t say I have non of my local dealerships have had any in yet so it’s fair point you make pal

·
Registered
3 Posts
In my experience none of the dealers have a clue what's fitted to these cars and what isn't - To be fair it's probably down to VW who continue to make these specs as confusing as they can.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts