Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,755 Posts
Well ain’t that a bummer don’t suppose you know where I stand as regards cancelling the order? I only placed it yesterday
I would guess that you could cancel but it seems a bit extreme just for losing the light bar on the grille, which you will not actually notice when driving the car. Why not ask the dealer for some form of compensation, such as something off the price, a servicing package or some other options ? If you don't get an acceptable offer, then you can still cancel and walk away, but it sounds like maybe your heart wasn't in this and you were having second thoughts anyway after placing the order. Do you have an alternative car in mind ?

·
Super Moderator
2,755 Posts
Some of these 'is there or isn't there' questions may be due to country variations and if all that there is to go on is some promotional/web photos, there are probably disclaimers attached to state that the UK specification cars may differ from those shown. The only way to be absolutely certain is to see the particular model (in this case an R-Line) in the metal.

Have any of those posting seen an R-Line in UK showrooms ?

I went through similar discussions with dealers about the type of spare wheel and the adjustable height boot floor, and even when I saw cars in the showrooms, they weren't all the same or as the dealer described.

·
Super Moderator
2,755 Posts
Maybe it's a deliberate policy for a time when supply chains were already disrupted even before the war in Ukraine. By leaving things 'vague' and confusing it means they can effectively change the spec at will and argue that it was never stated in the spec or your order that your car would have certain lights. And if the 'standard' equipment can be changed so rapidly, they can also say that what you expected or thought you would get was not the spec 'at the time of order'.

It rather puts the onus on to the customer to request a detailed and committed specification of standard equipment and selected options as part of the order process. That would allow customers to say the car was not built/delivered as ordered and so reject the car, but facing long delivery times and supply shartages, most would just shrug their shoulders.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts