Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner

2202 t-roc r-line lights

13K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  Koubear 
#1 ·
Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

Hi all I ordered a 2.0 r-line 4motion dsg yesterday I wanted to iq lights but vw have took the option to have them off my question is do I still get the strip light across the front of the grill and the drl’s in the fake intakes at the bottom of the front bumper I did ask the salesman and he said he’s not sure and he’ll look into it which I’m pretty sure he won’t now he has my deposit and signature any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Confusing indeed 🙈

Looking at the UK configurator, the photo doesn't show the separate DRL'S but that could well be wrong?

The rest of Europe seem to show the separate DRL'S on the R-Line as standard.

The led grill strip seems to be part of the iQ light upgrade which also includes the new rear lights with dynamic indicators.

I'd say the new rear lights will become standard at some stage 🤔

I haven't seen one face-lifted t-roc around my area yet!!

#3 ·
Confusing indeed 🙈

Looking at the UK configurator, the photo doesn't show the separate DRL'S but that could well be wrong?

The rest of Europe seem to show the separate DRL'S on the R-Line as standard.

The led grill strip seems to be part of the iQ light upgrade which also includes the new rear lights with dynamic indicators.

I'd say the new rear lights will become standard at some stage 🤔

I haven't seen one face-lifted t-roc around my area yet!!
Well ain’t that a bummer don’t suppose you know where I stand as regards cancelling the order? I only placed it yesterday

#4 ·
You have already mentioned the separate DRL'S to the dealer & he didn't know, if he doesn't answer it, ask again.
I can't see it being a problem cancelling & getting the deposit refunded if paid 🤔

Reactions: Lken4
#8 ·
"Well ain’t that a bummer don’t suppose you know where I stand as regards cancelling the order? I only placed it yesterday"

Are you buying a car, or a set of DRLs with a car attached?
If the fact the lights are currently unavailable is a deal breaker then I suggest you do indeed cancel the order. It appears it is all you want the car for and will therefore never live up to your expectations. Buy something else that does have the all important DRLs fitted (if you can find something that appeals) and let someone who REALLY wants that T-roc have it.

#10 ·
Believe it or not it was was the DRL'S on the front of my mrk1 t-roc that sold me the car, if they'd been the DRL'S that are on the lower spec T-roc's then I wouldn't have bought it & I know I'm not alone in saying that🤷‍♂️

I also assumed the mrk2 came with the separate lower down DRL'S but they don't seem to.
The dealer isn't even sure, that says it all.

Reactions: Lken4
#14 ·
Does it come with the lower DRL'S then?

@peterh not sure about the lower R-line DRL'S if they are standard in the uk or not, our configurator doesn't make it clear especially when the photographs don't have them 🤷‍♂️🤔

#17 ·
Some of these 'is there or isn't there' questions may be due to country variations and if all that there is to go on is some promotional/web photos, there are probably disclaimers attached to state that the UK specification cars may differ from those shown. The only way to be absolutely certain is to see the particular model (in this case an R-Line) in the metal.

Have any of those posting seen an R-Line in UK showrooms ?

I went through similar discussions with dealers about the type of spare wheel and the adjustable height boot floor, and even when I saw cars in the showrooms, they weren't all the same or as the dealer described.

#21 ·
Maybe it's a deliberate policy for a time when supply chains were already disrupted even before the war in Ukraine. By leaving things 'vague' and confusing it means they can effectively change the spec at will and argue that it was never stated in the spec or your order that your car would have certain lights. And if the 'standard' equipment can be changed so rapidly, they can also say that what you expected or thought you would get was not the spec 'at the time of order'.

It rather puts the onus on to the customer to request a detailed and committed specification of standard equipment and selected options as part of the order process. That would allow customers to say the car was not built/delivered as ordered and so reject the car, but facing long delivery times and supply shartages, most would just shrug their shoulders.

#22 ·
It rather puts the onus on to the customer to request a detailed and committed specification of standard equipment and selected options as part of the order process. That would allow customers to say the car was not built/delivered as ordered and so reject the car, but facing long delivery times and supply shartages, most would just shrug their shoulders.
That's a good strategy to bear in mind before committing to an order. I assume if a dealer refuses to provide a detailed specification of the car you want to order, their intentions are not in good faith.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.