Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Troc R line, 1.5 manual, pure white, black roof

I'm in the strange position of having driven a Troc for 4 months, but also waiting for delivering of a replacement, (currently in transit, expect delivery at the end of November).

Apart from one recurring problem, I'm really pleased with the car. Looks great, drives well, feels we'll put together, no rattles or creaks anywhere. The 1.5 engine has plenty of power and decent fuel economy, high 50's taking it steady on a longish run.

It's my third VW, Tiguan for 4 years, Mk7 golf for 5 years, both with 2 ltr diesel engines. I looked to change the golf earlier in the year and looked at the Troc SEL, but my wife and I couldn't live with the white edged seats, so decided not to change. Then the R line came out, so basically paid £2k more to have different seats!!!!

Originally ordered a pure white R line 1.5 manual on the 9th May, but after hearing that the delivery would be November, pestered the dealer to find one sooner. They found my current car, white with black roof, and I took delivery in mid June.

The only problem with the car is that it keeps telling me the tyres have lost pressure. It's happened to all 4 corners multiple times. Dealer has tried various things to rectify. Wheel bearings, reprogramming, changing wheels from back to front, problem still there. Final straw was when they spent £900 replacing the ABS module. I drove away, 15 mins later the pressure warning light came on. At that point they said, we've tried and failed, we'll replace the car. The only thing that did work was changing the 19 inch wheels to 17 inch. But then what's the point of having the R line. It also made the ride a lot smoother, but the car didn't look half a good.

My original order was still in the system, they even updated it to have a black roof as I decided it looked really smart, so now just waiting for delivery.

So apart from the one problem, a really good car. I also went through all the reviews of the car having a low rent interior, but I can't remember ever getting into a car to feel the dash and saying that's nice and soft. It's typical VW, everything is where it should be, it works but it's not overly flashy. Plus, lots of people have commented on the car, asked what it is etc, as there aren't too many on the road. Just wait until the next few ships come in and the country will be flooded with Troc's, but don't worry, you'll all be very happy.

Ian

·
Registered
402 Posts
Nice. I'm also in my 4th month. I agree with everything you say.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.