Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I will be the very proud owner of a T-Roc very soon as I am putting in my order. I'm looking to get the Design, but just wondered if anybody could tell me about the ambient lighting? What does it look like, and does it make a big difference?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nothing really to get excited about. There is a thin strip of lighting along the panel containing the door handles on both the front passenger and driver doors, plus some lighting in both the passenger and driver footwells.

Ian h

·
Registered
456 Posts
Ianh said:
Nothing really to get excited about. There is a thin strip of lighting along the panel containing the door handles on both the front passenger and driver doors, plus some lighting in both the passenger and driver footwells.

Ian h
Very, very thin 1mm ish ish LED fibre-optic strips in the doors which are barely perceptable :?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi avamissile
In my T-ROC Design 1.5L as well as the thin white lines near the tops of both front door trims there are lights for the door handles, electric window switches and the door pockets, also both front footwells and the area below the heating controls where the USB sockets are for connecting your phone etc - in the settings section of the infotainment screen you can also adjust how bright or dim you want them. I think that along with the LED reading / courtesy lights it shows things off very well :D

Regards

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all! I actually have another question - how much is the upgrade to wireless phone charging? Or does it come as standard in certain models? I can't find the info online anywhere

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
I really like the ambient lighting, it's way in advance of what my previous car (Volvo) had. Every nook and cranny seems to be subtly lit and I really like the door trim strips. Doubtless charging the LEDs for something more colorful is reasonably simple if anyone were to want to try.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Had my sel since last Friday, love it 😍
Handbook thick as a bible lots of reading to do "
Disappointed to find ambient lighting is only white unless you have sports pack
The troc I test drove was red ambient and all the pictures I seen show red lines on the door
I always thought you could change colours &#x1f937-2642;

·
Registered
376 Posts
Ask the dealer, I would assume that the "ambient light" is fibre optic in most parts so maybe one led changes most. They must have something which is for the SEL which is the red. Just a thought. :p

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all! Sounds like the ambient lighting is a nice little feature but not groundbreaking. I'm going to order my T-Roc Design in January 😬

·
Registered
402 Posts
Someone in the Tiggy forum suggested (and says that he has done) change the colour by using a magic marker on the leds for ambient lighting! :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mackemsteve said:
Someone in the Tiggy forum suggested (and says that he has done) change the colour by using a magic marker on the leds for ambient lighting! :eek: :eek:
Interesting! If this works that could be a great thing to do :)

·
Registered
402 Posts
avamissile said:
Interesting! If this works that could be a great thing to do :)
I'm tempted.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The ambient lighting is a nice touch but it would be handy if they had some form of light around the ignition switch!
SF

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ShuF said:
The ambient lighting is a nice touch but it would be handy if they had some form of light around the ignition switch!
SF
That's so true! That's one of the reasons I was tempted to add keyless entry because I'm fed up of fumbling around for the ignition hole! Until I read all the horror stories about keyless cars being hacked 😳

1 - 16 of 16 Posts