Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Ive have an intermittent annoying rattle in the C pillar and wondered has anyone removed the C pillar internal plastic trim before?
If yes, please can you advise

thank you

G

·
Surely it's a warranty job, why should you fart about with something you're not sure about? :p
I had an annoying rattle in my previous car caused by me having the panel removed for installing parking sensors, it eventually rattled itself away :lol:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi
Ive have an intermittent annoying rattle in the C pillar and wondered has anyone removed the C pillar internal plastic trim before?
If yes, please can you advise

thank you
Did you ever get a resolution to this problem? I have a rattle that appears to be from the same area.

John

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
818 Posts
I have a rattle that appears to be from the same area.

John
Are you certain it's not just the classic noise of the rear folding seats latch.
A dealership fix which I think might just be cloth tape rapped around the latch?

Reactions: Johnw

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've had three rattles over the last couple of years that sounded like they were coming from the nearside A pillar area. One turned out to be slack in the nearside rear seat latch, cured with a block of plastic foam squashed between the seat edge and the seat back-stop just below the latch. The second turned out to be the passenger seat plastic side moulding tapping against an internal structure, again cured with a plastic foam block ( cut from a large car cleaning sponge ) wedged between the seat side moulding and the lower B pillar area. The third rattle, although it sounded like it came from the A pillar area, I traced to the nearside front fog light ' lens ' which rattled against its surround over bumpy roads. I cured this by rolling up a short length of black PVC insulating tape, flattening it and poking it longways between the ' lens ' and the surrounding trim at the top left corner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts