Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are currently waiting for delivery of our T-Roc which we have bought on our very first PCP.

Having not done it before, I was just wondering what happens at the end of the plan should we elect to hand back and get another VW ?

I understand how the PCP works financially, I am more interested about what happens if the new car is delayed, as this seems very relevant at the moment. Been reading about current delays of months, so thought it worth asking question.

For example, say dealer is quoting 12 weeks for a new order, and a new order is then placed 12 weeks from the end of the PCP, but that order is delayed, what actually are the options ?

1) Hand back old car and be without until new car arrives (not a good option) ?

2) Keep old car and continue paying untill new car turns up (pay more for old car, which then must loose value, older more miles etc) ?

3) Keep old car at VW's expense untill new car turns up (still pay monthly? I have read that VW sometimes underwrite trade in value) ?

4) Anything else ?

When I asked the dealer, they just said new car is ordered in plenty of time and can change early, didn't really explain what happens if a car is delayed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had a delay off 4 weeks I gave rhem my Golf and they lend me a another Golf untill my T Roc arrived. Happy with that.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have been told that if the car is not swapped for another, of any make and any dealer, you will have what some call the balloon payment to make. I was told they will just take that payment from the direct debit setup you made in the beginning. The balloon payment is the remainder of what you owe to keep the car. It then is yours to do with, whatever you like.

A friend has had their dealer onto them as soon as the second year is looming, and that was when they had taken out a four year PCP.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts