Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I experienced a problem where the brakes would not release from Auto Hold or parking brake.
It did release when depress the brake switch and push brake pedal at the same time..

Using the car's service call button (with the engine running), contacted VW Roadside Assistance, who said from the data sent by the car, there were no alerts and I advised correct as was problem with the brakes.
Person who I spoke to was very professional, he thought best for a Master Technician to speak with me in the first instance rather than sending out an ordinary technician in case needed more diagnosis.
Was agreed for the Master Technician to call me this morning, early , which they did, Master Technician was unable to diagnose so arranged for a Technician to come out to the car.

The Technician arrived on time, was able to diagnose the problem straight away and was to do with the Clutch Pedal Switch Biting Point.

After about 20 minutes, the problem was sorted by "Carried out G.F.F - Adapt clutch pedal biting point".

Apparently this is a common fault with all Volkswagen/ Skoda's , that have electronic parking brakes and auto hold.
Fortunately, my previous car VW Golf Mk7 1.6TDI Match, never had this problem.

My T-ROC now drives well and I will continue to enjoy driving it.

Also great to have the service from VW Roadside Assistance plus the Technology of the car to be able to contact VW etc.

·
Registered
157 Posts
There have been few with that on the Tiguan forum from when the car was first launched.
I had it as well.
One person had the same fix as you but it started to happen at a later date. Not saying it is going to happen to you!
I was stuck on an incline twice which was a pain.
It has also happened on the seat ateca as I thing they use the same parts.
I think (I could be wrong here) there was a software update for it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fault has reoccurred , VW Assist technician coming out tomorrow afternoon as arranged with them.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Further update.

Although the VW Assist Technician attended on Sunday, could not get the problem to occur. This is probably because the engine was warm as I had been driving it for a few hours that morning.
The next day, problem reoccurred first thing in the morning. Weather again was cool and damp.

Yesterday (Wednesday) , the car went back into the dealership for this problem.
It does sound as though that a fault did show on their diagnostic machine which advised of a Software Update.
The software update was carried out.

The car drove well the rest of the day and also behaved this morning as well.

Fingers crossed that this is sorted.

"I'll Be Back " if it isn't.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Problem has re-occurred. I reckon it's the damp British weather that is causing this problem as is ok in the dry and when the car is warm.
I emailed the dealership this afternoon and more or less got an immediate response.
Car going in to the dealership later this week when they will have it for 48 hours so that they can leave it outside overnight and then see how it is first thing in the morning.
Fingers crossed that this will be sorted once and for all.

·
Registered
157 Posts
trocsel said:
Problem has re-occurred. I reckon it's the damp British weather that is causing this problem as is ok in the dry and when the car is warm.
I emailed the dealership this afternoon and more or less got an immediate response.
Car going in to the dealership later this week when they will have it for 48 hours so that they can leave it outside overnight and then see how it is first thing in the morning.
Fingers crossed that this will be sorted once and for all.
Have a look at a few of the threads to get some ideas.
https://www.tiguanforums.co.uk/search.php?keywords=Auto+hold

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've checked the Tiguan forum out, yes , many people experienced issues same as what I am experiencing but no definitive cause.
What's more frustrating is that today, similar weather conditions and car has been behaving.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think I'm having the same problem. When the car is in traffic and I go into first to pull off it doesn't move and sounds like something is grinding? Then when I put in neautral and back into first it works? Does that sound like the same problem you have? Only issue is it's not doing it consistently, it a handful of times throughout my journey

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi,
It does sound similar, but even going into neutral and trying again, most times, the brakes did not release.
Also happened with reverse as well.

I also think that the lovely British weather, plays a part in the problem as well.
The times when I experienced the problem is when the weather was cool, damp and wet.
However, these past few days, my car has been behaving itself and the weather is warmer and dry.

My car is still going back to the dealership tomorrow for further tests and checks.

I would also suggest that one keeps a note of when the problem occurs, record weather/road conditions as well.

Even though the problem is intermittent, the dealership view this as a safety issue.

If you encounter this problem again, I would suggest contacting VW Roadside Assistance, via the breakdown button by the rear view mirror.
It's a free call and with ignition on, car data is also transmitted to them for analysis.
When I did, even though no faults occurred, they still came out to my car and first time, they also experienced the problem.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I thought that cars today were tested in conditions ranging from desert to artic and bits in between.
Even if you consider the UK weather as a factor it really should not happen as compared to some other countries in Europe the UK is semi tropical.
They are quite correct to consider this a safety problem, if this is not rectified it is a serious and dangerous defect taking aside the time & trouble you are having to manage.
Hope you get it sorted. :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have just taken my car back in to the VW Dealership, problem still occurring and they have also been able to experience it themselves. I am happy in a way in that they can start diagnosing the problem straight away as they have not come across this type of problem before and will be consulting VW UK Technical department about it.
The previous time the dealership had the car, it would not replicate for them.
Fingers crossed this can get sorted once and for all.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Unfortunately, my VW Dealership have been unable to sort the problem out. No physical parts have been changed other than a software reset on the Clutch sensor switch, following guidance from VW Technical, the dealership were not convinced that the software reset would sort this out, as it still occurs.
They have now advised me that this problem has now been referred on to the "Factory ".

They also suggested I email VW customer services about the problem, which I have also done.

If the part is not at fault, then to me, there is a bug in the software.

Now waiting for further information.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine went in today aswell for a master technician to look at and they are holding it for several days to try and replicate the problem. It's happened to me several times every day so far so I'm hoping it replicates for them. I have taken a video of the issue anyhow! Let us know how you get on

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Laurenb92, I hope that your dealership can replicate the problem and that it is not off the road too long . I was fortunate that my dealership were able to replicate my problem as soon as I turned up with the car at the dealership as was happening every time I needed to pull away.

I have also emailed VW Customer Services about the problem and I would suggest that you do the same, make sure your registration no. is in the subject line, as that is then used as the point of reference , so that they can also see the car history, Dealership etc

[email protected]

I've just had a phone call from customer services who said that now being referred on to a customer relations manager, upto 48 hours response back.

They also said that the T-ROC is their "Flagship SUV", which gives me the impression that they treat these cases seriously.

I am also still waiting to hear back from my dealership, on what the Factory have said.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks trocsel. I will definitely email them now just to express my concerns. I'm abit miffed that I dropped my car to Volkswagen at 8am yesterday morning and it still hasn't moved from their car park (I know because of vw connect) going to give them another couple of days and then if it still hasn't moved I'm going to call and ask why they booked it in for Tuesday if nobody was going to look at it for days

·
Registered
157 Posts
Obviously not the same car or manufacturer but I also kept getting it on my Nissan QQ
I had some kind of control module replaced and then again the following year.
It's funny because on our old Renault grand scenic way back in 2004 they were amongst the first cars to have it.
In the eight years we had the car we never once had a problem although back then you did not have the auto hold delay which was fun some times.

·
Registered
402 Posts
My Volvo had it but not in the same way as VW, it only held for about 3 seconds after you took your foot off the brake and then let go whether you had the clutch out or not.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Makes one wonder if some dealers are "up to speed" with the workings of the Roc. They may have the same systems to other VW's in theory but it is a relatively new car with it's own idiosyncs and there has not been a lot about for any to practice on.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts