Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm having a few issues which started yesterday of the auto hold not wanting to release it does do it but very slow to release.Has anyone else had any problems?

Peter

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm very surprised no one has mentioned this issue before. I had a couple of problems with the auto hold in my previous Tiguan not releasing, a trip to the dealership is in order for a software reset, that will cure the problem although it could happen again in the future.
So far I haven't had any issues with the T-roc but it's always at the back of my mind.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Bellasdad said:
I'm very surprised no one has mentioned this issue before. I had a couple of problems with the auto hold in my previous Tiguan not releasing, a trip to the dealership is in order for a software reset, that will cure the problem although it could happen again in the future.
So far I haven't had any issues with the T-roc but it's always at the back of my mind.
I had the same a few times.......the old....was your door open..was your seatbelt on...yep to all of these.

·
Registered
234 Posts
It is a lot better than the electronic hand brake on my last car, an Astra J SRI 1.4 60 plate. If you pulled up on a slope you had to hold the car with the foot brake or pull the hand brake switch. I you took your foot off the brake you only had 3 seconds before it started to roll back. I on a number of occasions contacted vauxhall to ask why it did not hold on like the VW one but never got a response, I am now happy I have a cr the will do this properly.

·
Registered
157 Posts
mvk said:
It is a lot better than the electronic hand brake on my last car, an Astra J SRI 1.4 60 plate. If you pulled up on a slope you had to hold the car with the foot brake or pull the hand brake switch. I you took your foot off the brake you only had 3 seconds before it started to roll back. I on a number of occasions contacted vauxhall to ask why it did not hold on like the VW one but never got a response, I am now happy I have a cr the will do this properly.
We had the same on a Renault grand scenic back in 2004.
They were amongst the first manufacturer to use it.
The electronic handbrake was on the dash. When you went to pull off it would release and as you say around three seconds.
We were coming back from Cornwall one year and going up hill past parked cars and we had to pull over for an on coming car.
My wife was driving and when we went to pull off my wife could not get it right and we rolled back into a parked car.

·
Registered
402 Posts
On a slop that's quite steep I find it's better to move off from the parking brake rather than from auto-hold. Auto-hold seems to grab your wheels more and make it more difficult (needs more revs/clutch slipping) to get moving. The parking brake is better - I guess the reason is because the parking brake is just on the back two wheels and it's the front two that are driven (in my car anyway). With auto-hold all 4 wheels are clamped by the brakes, including the driven two.

·
Registered
376 Posts
From what has been written it appears that all comments have come from manual gearbox units.
On a point of interest - Has anyone suffered similar instances of difficulty with a DSG variant for example, on slopes or against obstacles. ;)

·
Registered
157 Posts
brid said:
From what has been written it appears that all comments have come from manual gearbox units.
On a point of interest - Has anyone suffered similar instances of difficulty with a DSG variant for example, on slopes or against obstacles. ;)
DSG all the way for me on hills........could not stretch to it though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.