Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

My urban average fuel consumption is around 12l/100km..i think it's a lil bit too much :)) i dont drive very sporty..but here in my city are many traffic jams..so i have to move very slow on short distances (<5km).

When i start moving the instant fuel consumption shows 1..then 2 l/h, then bam..40l/h..out of nowhere.When i release the clutch more higher..the instant fuel consumption goes max around 28-29l/h, but when i release it lower and pinch the gas pedal..it goes around 40l/h.
I am a lil bit worried..the car moves perfect, it feels very good and smooth.The car has around 450 km.

Thank you for your answers!

·
Registered
402 Posts
I never look at instantaneous, it's too misleading and changes second to second even in a motorway cruise. I use only average. I have the active info display set so the middle of the Speedo shows average consumption since start (of this journey). That's a pretty low average, 23.5mpg for UK readers. I've never done exclusively traffic jam routes, but my average is 47mpg when I get good runs to work (urban but not much queues). It drops to 42 when there's a bit more traffic. You didn't say what engine you've got.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My T-Rocs long term consumption is now 5,6 with 2,0 Diesel engine and 7 speed automatic. Very happy with that. Got 8000 km on the clock. 😊

1 - 5 of 5 Posts