Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched the internet and can't find any reviews, written or video, of the Beats sound system.

£405 option, but it upgrades to an 8 channel amp, 400 watt system, digital sound processor, 2 broadband speakers etc....
all in all it seems like very good value compared to most manufacturers speaker upgrade costs, often in excess of £1000.

Has anyone here listened to the beats system or have you found a review online?

I've ordered it with our new car, so hope it will be worth the extra.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
160 Posts
I've not been able to find anything about this setup. The beats system in other VW models seems generally favourable.

For the money I think it's worth it, certainly I would rather this than say £500 on the running boards.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I have the Dynaudio system in my previous and current 2 MK7 GTD's and it's fantastic, and sounds from the VW description very similar to the beats audio system.

I wonder in fact if is is the same system just with different branding. If I do decide to get a T-Roc, an upgraded sound system is a must for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have the MK7 GTD at present but with the standard stereo setup. It's adequate, but nothing special, so this will hopefully be a treat for us.

Good point re the possibility of it being same system, just rebranded.

I see the T Roc as their venture in an attempt to attract younger drivers. Contrasting roof and mirror colours, hard plastic and bright coloured dash inserts, funky stripes on the seats etc..... the name Beats suggests it too is an attempt to appeal to the younger market.

This week is our build week, so hopefully it might be with us by the end of next month.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
I think 'Beats' sounds a bargain at the price. The only thing that would put me off is having to have one of those 'folding' space saver wheels. Having to wait for it to blow up before use is bad enough, but trying to remove all the air from it so you can 'fold' it back up to get it back in the boot sounds horrendous.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
No heard it myself but some test driver on youtube said he wasn't at allk impressed with it so I decided to not fork out anything for it. Also beats are very overrated in general and certainly overpriced.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I've noticed that you can't order the SEL with the space saving spare tire, without also adding the Beats system. Does that mean the Beats system takes up space in the boot so requires the space saving tyre and hence the expanded boot option isn't available?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Folks, collected my car yesterday with the beats sound system.

The car has the same spacesaver spare wheel as my Golf GTD had, as did the SEL T Roc sitting in the dealers showroom. This was not a folding wheel and the tyre is already inflated.

Inside the wheel is a circular subwoofer which has a quick release electrical plug for removal in the event of needing to use the spare.

I had a listen to the stock sound system in the showroom model and it was better than my mk7 golf GTD.

But the Beats sound system is awesome and worth much more than the £405 Volkswagen is charging. The depth and clarity of the music is great. Bass is not too loud and deep like for example a Bose system, but still very subtle and clear, without vibration or distortion at higher levels.

If anyone is considering this as an option, I would gladly recommend it.

I don't think there is much point in trying to show a video of it, but I might have a go anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Betty Swollocks said:
Folks, collected my car yesterday with the beats sound system.

The car has the same spacesaver spare wheel as my Golf GTD had, as did the SEL T Roc sitting in the dealers showroom. This was not a folding wheel and the tyre is already inflated.

Inside the wheel is a circular subwoofer which has a quick release electrical plug for removal in the event of needing to use the spare.

I had a listen to the stock sound system in the showroom model and it was better than my mk7 golf GTD.

But the Beats sound system is awesome and worth much more than the £405 Volkswagen is charging. The depth and clarity of the music is great. Bass is not too loud and deep like for example a Bose system, but still very subtle and clear, without vibration or distortion at higher levels.

If anyone is considering this as an option, I would gladly recommend it.

I don't think there is much point in trying to show a video of it, but I might have a go anyway.
Glad you're enjoying it and good news about the wheel! That was one of the reasons I didn't go for it. I do love a good sound, at the moment anything will be better than what I've ever had so I may not bother upgrading but I have seen some great inexpensive subwoofers that go underneath the driver's or passenger's seat. Something I might consider in the future. Just a pain to have to get someone to wire it in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Strange thing is, sitting in the back you are not aware of the fact that the sub woofer is behind you.

The sound is like a surround sound and the base appears to come from the individual speakers rather than from the space saver spare wheel behind you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Betty Swollocks said:
Strange thing is, sitting in the back you are not aware of the fact that the sub woofer is behind you.

The sound is like a surround sound and the base appears to come from the individual speakers rather than from the space saver spare wheel behind you.
Sounds great! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Betty Swollocks said:
Strange thing is, sitting in the back you are not aware of the fact that the sub woofer is behind you.

The sound is like a surround sound and the base appears to come from the individual speakers rather than from the space saver spare wheel behind you.
I read about it in other T-Roc forums and even disconnect the rear sub woofer and didn't appreciate the change so much, Beats for what I think is know for the bass focused systems and on VW Up they make a good job, but not on the T-Roc as I read.
I didn't had it and the dealer I pick up mine didnt' either, so not a great help...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
Runthegauntlet said:
I've noticed that you can't order the SEL with the space saving spare tire, without also adding the Beats system. Does that mean the Beats system takes up space in the boot so requires the space saving tyre and hence the expanded boot option isn't available?
You can, it comes as standard. It confuses the system if you actually try to choose space saver from the options in the configurator. At that point it also tries to add Beats soundsystem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
The only review I read of it said it was "harsh, and not worth the money", so I decided against it. Reading comments on here, I rather wish that I had gone for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
Called my dealer yesterday to have Beats added to my package. Heard it in a friend's polo and it blew me away. Knew right then I needed to have it. Different car, but hopefully same sound quality.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Have been following this thread with interest, noting conflicting opinions. One rave review followed by one disappointed. Maybe it depends on what type of music you listen to. I was on the brink of trying to add the Beats upgrade to my spec. Then Stubar's last post gave me pause for thought. My choice of music is generally classical / musicals / 70s to 80s, and on balance think maybe best avoid Beats if, as appears, the enhancement is focused on the bass. Curious to know what type of music / age range are those who love Beats system, and those who are not impressed. For the record - I'm 64 - cue Beatles song!
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top