Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I collected my t roc yesterday and am in love with it. But I had to find another drawback which I am so very gutted about and I can't stop feeling down about it.

I could have sworn that the T-Roc (mine is a design) came with the blind spot detection. I didn't even see it in the extras to add and could have sworn it was in the list of standards. Anyway it's not. I find it one of the most useful functions for every day driving and word happily swap it with the lane assist.

I checked the configurations online and even configuring the same car now on their website there is no option/extra to add the blind spot assist. I don't get it?!

The dealer btw said it's called side assist but the handbook calls it blind spot detection.

So gutted :(

·
Registered
67 Posts
Interesting; I've just tried to configure an SEL with it, but it doesn't show up in the Options list; but a UK Price List that I downloaded last week gives this £330 option for SE, Design & SEL (but not S). The Price List states "Effective from 6.2.2018".

Side Assist Plus with rear traffic alert: Radar sensor controlled warning system for lane changing and blind spots from speeds of 6mph and above. The system also sees fast approaching vehicles in adjacent lanes with visual warning via light in door mirror housing
I used it when testing a Range Rover Sport recently and thought it brilliant (due to the large B pillar and me liking to have the seat fully backwards); but on the T-Roc I decided against it as otherwise Mrs hafman might become reliant on it and then forget it isn't fitted to the other cars in the stable...

·
Registered
65 Posts
In denmark it is standard on the sport version - i dont know what the corresponding uk version is.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah that's what I found! Really annoyed. I mean it is expensive and maybe I would have decided against it because of the price but I didn't get the option....

I do think that the mirrors have a blind spot kind of tilt don't they?

As a positive: I feel slightly better about it knowing that I wasn't even given the option, so at least it wasn't an oversight on my behalf

·
Registered
32 Posts
This has now been added to the extras list along with keyless entry! I ordered my car 3 weeks ago and it wasn't an option then but is now!! Slightly disappointed as I would have liked these features! I wonder if they can added as I don't have a build date yet!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.