Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, first post on these forums as a T-Roc owner to be. I have a 1.5 Style DSG on order due in August which I'm really looking forward to, but one thing I'm very confused about is whether any UK models have blind spot detection. I test drove an R Line which didn't seem to have it and it isn't explicitly mentioned in the spec list but the VW promotional material refers to it being a part of the travel assist system although there's no reference to this anywhere on the configurator. I asked the dealer and he didn't know either! It's not a deal breaker but it seems an odd omission on an otherwise well kitted out car, especially with all the other assistive tech it comes with.

Can anyone shed any light on this, is it another victim of the chip shortages? TIA

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
1,867 Posts
When I bought my R-line it was included as part of an optional assistance pack which I believe was called “Driver assistance pack plus”. Is there nothing in the configurator that sounds like that?

Mine was a MK1 though and MY20 so it could very well have changed significantly.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have been in touch with VW Customer Service a couple of times to ask them to clarify what is and is not included in new models. I suspect that some items are missing because of the shortage of “chips”, certainly that is why there is no powered tailgate on the new models. I suggest you contact VW and ask them directly, they answered my queries within 48 hours.

·
Registered
58 Posts
@snic
Do you have a VIN yet?
If so ask the dealer for a list of all PR codes the vehicle is fitted with, this will give a list of everything on your vehicle.
I have 7Y9 - Blind Spot Monitor "Plus" with Rear Traffic Alert, incl. lane keeping system Lane Assist .

If your vehicle is still awaiting a build slot than you will need to wait to see what is included or not. The chip shortage effect with other VW group products appears to change weekly as availability comes and goes.

·
Registered
372 Posts
It annoys me really. My partner bought a brand new Seat Arona middling model. Seats come with blind spot detection and wireless phone charging as standard.
Not VW!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all, the spec on my order (which seems to be exactly what it says on the current configurator) lists:
Adaptive cruise control and speed limiter
Driver alert system, fatigue detection
Dynamic headlight range control
Dynamic road sign display
Front Assist - Autonomous Emergency Braking (for Adaptive Cruise Control ACC up to 130 mph)
High Beam Assist, automatic sensing for switching between dipped and main beam
Hill start assist
Lane keeping system Lane Assist
Multifunction front facing camera for distance control
Park assist including parking sensors (front & rear)
Driver Assistance package incl. steering wheel for DSG:
Front Assist - Autonomous Emergency Braking (for Adaptive Cruise Control ACC up to 130 mph)
High Beam Assist, automatic sensing for switching between dipped and main beam
Leather-wrapped multi-function steering wheel with shift paddles
Multifunction front facing camera for distance control

So no specific mention of blind spot monitoring or travel assist, nor are there any available options in the configurator that can be selected. I don't have a VIN as of yet, my car was ordered through a leasing company and is a pre-ordered pipeline model so I'm not sure of the precise build date. I think I'll take @Expatman 's suggestion and try VW CS and see if they can be of more help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It annoys me really. My partner bought a brand new Seat Arona middling model. Seats come with blind spot detection and wireless phone charging as standard.
Not VW!!!!
I hear you, it's not a deal breaker for me but I have got used to having blind spot detection and rear cross traffic warning on my 2016 C-Max so was expecting 6 years later these features to be more widely standardised :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
1,867 Posts
I hear you, it's not a deal breaker for me but I have got used to having blind spot detection and rear cross traffic warning on my 2016 C-Max so was expecting 6 years later these features to be more widely standardised :ROFLMAO:
I rarely utilize the blind spot monitor but yeah Rear Traffic Alert is brilliant for backing out of spaces with zero visibility. Love it.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Not VW!!!!
depends on markets and what type of equipment has been approved for a particular country,there are exclusive packages for some countries

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
depends on markets and what type of equipment has been approved for a particular country,there are exclusive packages for some countries
What I don't quite understand though, if the options have been removed due to chip constraints (which is understandable) why they are still apparently available on the Polo which is a cheaper model, seems odd. The Polo Style still shows as getting travel assist and matrix lights as standard, and the R-Line gets travel assist and still has the option of adding the matrix lights.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I don't think there is any rhyme nor reason to what elements are included or deleted!
T-ROC is a new version so nothing previously printed or published whereas the Polo is, so easier to adjust T-ROC spec than Polos.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't think there is any rhyme nor reason to what elements are included or deleted!
T-ROC is a new version so nothing previously printed or published whereas the Polo is, so easier to adjust T-ROC spec than Polos.
Well they need to amend their website blurb for the T-Roc at least :ROFLMAO: Problem is they just say to refer to the dealer but at least based on my experience the dealers have no clue what will be on the cars either!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well they need to amend their website blurb for the T-Roc at least :ROFLMAO: Problem is they just say to refer to the dealer but at least based on my experience the dealers have no clue what will be on the cars either!
Don’t think the T-Roc configurator specifies Blind Spot warning - Does it? made me think, now I will have to check it!!!!!!!
No - just checked and no mention of Blind Spot either in Standard Equipment or Options.
TBH I have almost decided to put a new car purchase on hold until the supply line is eased and more options added. Might have to wait a year but can’t accept buying a new car at about £35k without the options/items I want on it. Specially because those options are safety related like Blind Spot detection.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Don’t think the T-Roc configurator specifies Blind Spot warning - Does it? made me think, now I will have to check it!!!!!!!
No - just checked and no mention of Blind Spot either in Standard Equipment or Options.
TBH I have almost decided to put a new car purchase on hold until the supply line is eased and more options added. Might have to wait a year but can’t accept buying a new car at about £35k without the options/items I want on it. Specially because those options are safety related like Blind Spot detection.
That's understandable, I'm fairly sanguine about it as I'm ordering the car to lease with the aim of going electric next time around when the market is hopefully a bit saner. if I intended to keep it I'd be a lot more bothered, although extra safety features are always good.

·
Registered
80 Posts
That's understandable, I'm fairly sanguine about it as I'm ordering the car to lease with the aim of going electric next time around when the market is hopefully a bit saner. if I intended to keep it I'd be a lot more bothered, although extra safety features are always good.
Thought about going electric, I am retired and rarely in a real hurry to get anywhere or recharged. However, a cool view of the realities of recharging across the country led me to the conclusion that maybe in 6-7 years the problems will be sorted but until then you could be in a world of pain. Note Iain Dale’s experience with a trip to Yorkshire and the convoluted journey he was forced to make and he had to miss out one destination entirely because of charging problems. Relations in Cornwall say it is a nightmare in the summer for visitors with EV cars because of scarcity of charge points and inevitable multi hours waits to get on one. People charging for return journeys is a big problem because everyone is looking for charge at the same time and you can literally spend several hours waiting in queue and then waiting for your car to charge when you get onto a charger. Very fast chargers are almost non existent and few cars (at the moment) are capable of taking a very fast charge, Then, sadly, the Kwatt/hr price is most likely higher per mile than petrol or diesel! I know the government edict is all electric by 2030 but unless they get the charging structure sorted very quickly so it is no more complex than buying petrol or diesel I can see the date being problematic to say the least.

·
Registered
490 Posts
What I don't quite understand though, if the options have been removed due to chip constraints (which is understandable) why they are still apparently available on the Polo which is a cheaper model, seems odd. The Polo Style still shows as getting travel assist and matrix lights as standard, and the R-Line gets travel assist and still has the option of adding the matrix lights.
you have to ask the official VW importer in the UK, who requests from VW the equipment packages available in the versions available in the UK market and who makes the respective approval in the UK. In other countries there are other types of packages and names of their versions , always complying with the legal requirements of each country.as for the lack of semiconductors, they are only and currently in 3 pieces in the center console

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hello all, first post on these forums as a T-Roc owner to be. I have a 1.5 Style DSG on order due in August which I'm really looking forward to, but one thing I'm very confused about is whether any UK models have blind spot detection. I test drove an R Line which didn't seem to have it and it isn't explicitly mentioned in the spec list but the VW promotional material refers to it being a part of the travel assist system although there's no reference to this anywhere on the configurator. I asked the dealer and he didn't know either! It's not a deal breaker but it seems an odd omission on an otherwise well kitted out car, especially with all the other assistive tech it comes with.

Can anyone shed any light on this, is it another victim of the chip shortages? TIA
as I was informed, the 1.5 has no blind spot for the uk market, only the T-Roc R and 2.0 RLine, but there may be new updates in the respective versions

Reactions: snic

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
as I was informed, the 1.5 has no blind spot for the uk market, only the T-Roc R and 2.0 RLine, but there may be new updates in the respective versions
Thanks, had a useless reply from VW CS so that helps. My confusion was around the fact that the blind spot warning system is sometimes described as part of the lane assist system so I didn't find the standard specification particularly clear.

I'll be happy with the car anyway :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks, had a useless reply from VW CS so that helps. My confusion was around the fact that the blind spot warning system is sometimes described as part of the lane assist system so I didn't find the standard specification particularly clear.

I'll be happy with the car anyway :)
There doesn’t seem to be any logic to which models get certain features. For example the new Taigo gets blind spot warning but not the more expensive T-Roc, not even as an option! What is going on with VW? Incidentally the Taigo even gets park assist - all totally illogical.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts