Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Negativepitch said:
I had them on the Tiguan as well.
But then again the only time you would see under there is when the AA man turns up :D
Don't you fill the water up for the windscreen wash?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Negativepitch said:
I had them on the Tiguan as well.
But then again the only time you would see under there is when the AA man turns up :D
Is that because you never check your water and oil levels :lol:

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
T28B said:
Deleted User 925 said:
Has Anyone else fitted these babies :p
Just this morning and I'm very pleased with the result. Now I can strut my stuff all over the place. :D

Gas Struts.JPG
My concern with aftermarket ones is with insurance liability and accident safety. In the event of a collision involving injury or death to a bowling pin - or "pedestrian" as some of you refer to them as - would they say that the pedestrian's safety was compromised by a modification to an area that is designed to crumple in a way that is less likely to injure them? I don't know. Seems a reasonable way for an insurance company to put third-party liability on the driver.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
T28B said:
Just this morning and I'm very pleased with the result. Now I can strut my stuff all over the place. :D
The angle of those looks very shallow in comparison to struts I've had on previous cars.

·
Registered
26 Posts
AlistairP said:
I think it makes a good vehicle better, there are H&S concerns of course, nothing that a good RA wont fix though :)
I'm loving that battery cover, I've just ordered one from AliExpress.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
T28B said:
Impala said:
The angle of those looks very shallow in comparison to struts I've had on previous cars.
The tailgate struts seem perfectly adequate set at a similar angle.

Tailgate.JPG
There is a subtle difference - the point where the strut is fixed to the bonnet is close to the hinge, while the boot lid is the opposite. Supporting the weight is far better done with the boot struts as they have a much longer 'lever'.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts