Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I do not have an automatic tailgate fitted. I'm average height for a female but cannot reach the boot lid to close it and have to grab it on the side which is very awkward. Presume it's not possible to lower the opening height? Our previous cars' boot lids have never been quite so high.

·
Registered
985 Posts
As far as I'm aware unless you have the electric tailgate you cannot alter the boot lid height

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh dear seems I have a problem I can't resolve. Never occurred to me to check this before purchase. Looks like I'll be loading everything into the back seat!

·
Registered
985 Posts
The only thing I can suggest if you can’t reach is perhaps buy a pole hook - add a bit of round pole (like some broom handke) to the length you require would mean you could hook the handle inside
Something like this Fanlight Pole Hook Polished Brass 72 x 112mm

·
Registered
43 Posts
Tie a piece of string round the gas strut and just pull it down enough to get hold of the tail gate then close it as normal

·
Registered
231 Posts
Don't know about the 'roc, but the 'cross had 2 handles moulded into the panel on the inside of the door to help pull it down. i would have expected them to do the same for the 'roc

·
Registered
466 Posts
Don't know about the 'roc, but the 'cross had 2 handles moulded into the panel on the inside of the door to help pull it down. i would have expected them to do the same for the 'roc
Off the top of my head, I know there's one moulded handle/pull on the roc, Laf just can't reach it.
I'd say if you went to the right person, shorter gas struts fitted would work 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for everyone's help. I haven't noticed the moulded handle so I'll have a look and practice some stretching exercises tomorrow :). I'm not sure if the opening height varies as I was just about able to reach it when out, it's just not easy. The strap looks OK if it doesn't stick out of the door when closed. The automatic tailgate retrofit for around £1.5k is a bit OTT.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts