Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Simple answer - Yes.
It will apply brakes each time you stop and release when setting off. The only time I turn it off is when queuing in stop start downhill traffic when I prefer to just hold on foot-brake then 'coast' a few car lengths then slow again, then 'coast' again, if you get my drift. Otherwise you have to keep putting into 1st gear and 'setting off' to release the brakes each time.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hi Brian, yes, what RedRoc says. It's designed to be "on all the time" unless you choose otherwise.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Took me a few days to stop trying to grab a hand brake, but now I just pull up to a stop and Green light comes on, on the dash.

Unfortunately it does mean I'm now one of the annoying people who's brake lights are on at the traffic lights, unless I remember to put the hand brake on that may switch off the brake lights, I will have to try that out near a wall at night

·
Registered
120 Posts
[media][/media]
Ian J said:
Took me a few days to stop trying to grab a hand brake, but now I just pull up to a stop and Green light comes on, on the dash.

Unfortunately it does mean I'm now one of the annoying people who's brake lights are on at the traffic lights, unless I remember to put the hand brake on that may switch off the brake lights, I will have to try that out near a wall at night
Ian J-Do bare in mind though,it maybe that the cars brakelights are on at traffic lights because they maybe driving an automatic. If you approach a set of lights from awhile back, they may just hold on the brakes temporarily expecting them to change rather than take it out of drive. It's annoying I know but it's one of those things- I suppose it's like people dipping the clutch and holding on brake,instead of handbrake on and into neutral-Anyway I know where your coming from-you'll sort it I'm sure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have no need to touch either of the buttons, Hold or Brake. They allow you to hold the car (green brake indication) on any hill and when you stop the engine manually the red brake symbol shows that the 'hand' brake has been applied.

Gradual and light application of the footbrake allows you to drift/stop in moving traffic without the green indication coming on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.