Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello T- Rockers ! I was just swotting up in an online manual to get ahead of things in preparation for my SEL TSI DSG being delivered on Monday.
The manual I'm looking at is from 2018 and is the Active trim. In the manual it mentions that there is a breakdown kit that consists of puncture sealant and a compressor. Does any one know if my car would have this. Thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Did you say you're getting a brand new SEL?
If so, you would have to specify the optional extra space saver wheel & kit (jack etc) when configuring it. The compressor and can of sealant are standard on every T-Roc now.

You talk about the 2018 model, as far as I remember all original T-roc's came with the space saver wheel & kit 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
In the early days of 2018/19 it was pretty hit or miss whether you got a puncture repair kit or a space saver spare wheel.

Some time later in 2019/20 I think they all had the puncture kit and the space saver spare was an extra cost option which had to be specifically added to the order. I think some buyers have managed to persuade their dealer to do a swap prior to hand over.

BTW - the manual from 2018 will be considerable different to what is actually on the Active trim which hasn't been around that long. There are newer pdf manuals which I made up but were too big (at the time) to be uploaded as attachments in the forum, but I put copies on Google Drive and there are various posts in the forum with details. The latest manual I converted to pdf was dated 25.09.2020 (edition 07.2020). Read about the manuals on the forum using this link ...

Online user manuals update

or go straight to Google drive to see the collection of pdf's using this link ...

VW T-Roc Docs - Google Drive

I'm currently preparing a PDF for edition 06.2021 and will post details on the forum when it is ready, perhaps in a few days time.

·
Registered
552 Posts
In the early days of 2018/19 it was pretty hit or miss whether you got a puncture repair kit or a space saver spare wheel.

Some time later in 2019/20 I think they all had the puncture kit and the space saver spare was an extra cost option which had to be specifically added to the order. I think some buyers have managed to persuade their dealer to do a swap prior to hand over.

BTW - the manual from 2018 will be considerable different to what is actually on the Active trim which hasn't been around that long. There are newer pdf manuals which I made up but were too big (at the time) to be uploaded as attachments in the forum, but I put copies on Google Drive and there are various posts in the forum with details. The latest manual I converted to pdf was dated 25.09.2020 (edition 07.2020). Read about the manuals on the forum using this link ...

Online user manuals update

or go straight to Google drive to see the collection of pdf's using this link ...

VW T-Roc Docs - Google Drive

I'm currently preparing a PDF for edition 06.2021 and will post details on the forum when it is ready, perhaps in a few days time.
Hats off for the effort you put in on this forum 👏👌

Reactions: My Red One

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you say you're getting a brand new SEL?
If so, you would have to specify the optional extra space saver wheel & kit (jack etc) when configuring it. The compressor and can of sealant are standard on every T-Roc now.

You talk about the 2018 model, as far as I remember all original T-roc's came with the space saver wheel & kit 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks very much for the info Vernerbongo. Yes I have new SEL coming and I did build it with the space saving wheel........ now an optional extra!!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Thanks very much for the info Vernerbongo. Yes I have new SEL coming and I did build it with the space saving wheel........ now an optional extra!!
Happy days you've nothing to worry about then. 😉
Remember to check your boot for the space saver wheel/kit before you leave the dealership 👌
Seen a vauxhall grandland X parked at the side of the road the other day with a flat wheel, sat there all day.
That's exactly why I don't like the compressor & sealant kit 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG
1,722 Posts
Hats off for the effort you put in on this forum 👏👌
He should change his username to “VW Support” because he does a much better job relaying accurate information to customers than VW’s actual support staff.
Happy days you've nothing to worry about then. 😉
Remember to check your boot for the space saver wheel/kit before you leave the dealership 👌
Seen a vauxhall grandland X parked at the side of the road the other day with a flat wheel, sat there all day.
That's exactly why I don't like the compressor & sealant kit 🤷‍♂️
I should really learn how to change a wheel. I am lucky enough to have a spare wheel and yet don’t actually know how to do it 😬 I have (luckily) never had to.

I imagine there’s nothing worse than learning how to do it at the side of a country road in the middle of the night in pouring rain with no light… so I better get learning now!

·
Registered
552 Posts
I should really learn how to change a wheel. I am lucky enough to have a spare wheel and yet don’t actually know how to do it.............
It wouldn’t do any harm in familiarising yourself with where everything is and your jacking points, the actual changing a wheel is easier than swapping out your fog light bulbs 🤷‍♂️😂

Reactions: twist

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I imagine there’s nothing worse than learning how to do it at the side of a country road in the middle of the night in pouring rain with no light…
Oh yes there is ... you could be beside a huge puddle and get a muddy drenching every time a car goes by :eek:

It wouldn’t do any harm in familiarising yourself with where everything is and your jacking points, the actual changing a wheel is easier than swapping out your fog light bulbs 🤷‍♂️😂
That's assuming you can actually loosen the wheel nuts with a ridiculously short wheel spanner :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Vernerbongo2

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG
1,722 Posts
That's assuming you can actually loosen the wheel nuts with a ridiculously short wheel spanner :LOL:
Maybe I’ll learn how to call the AA instead 😉

·
Registered
T Roc Active 2022 1.5 TSI 150 hp in Flash Red and Black
32 Posts
The others are correct, unless you specify it, a space saver spare tyre and tool kit are now an optional extra and this has been the case for some time. My Mk7 and 7.5 Golfs both had a spare tyre and tool kit as standard, but my very early mk8 had a tyre inflation set (gas and sealer) and i paid for a spare tyre. My T Roc Active which is on order was the same, and i paid a hundred pounds to add the spare tyre to the order

·
Registered
33 Posts
If it’s a new car and you get a puncture surely vw breakdown will come and fix it? AS already said you won’t undo the wheelnuts with the supplied spanner if they have been torqued up unless your a bodybuilder

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Latest PDF manual is now available on Google Drive ... see this other thread for details Online user manuals update

• Love
Reactions: Vernerbongo2
1 - 14 of 14 Posts