Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Just placed an order for a T Roc Cabriolet R Line DSG with a broker. Got a fantastic deal but being told lead time is 35+ weeks. I know the current situation with semi-conductors and the situation in the Ukraine is causing huge delays to new car deliveries, but was wondering if anyone on here has ordered a facelift Cabriolet and what kind of lead time their dealer has quoted?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all

Just placed an order for a T Roc Cabriolet R Line DSG with a broker. Got a fantastic deal but being told lead time is 35+ weeks. I know the current situation with semi-conductors and the situation in the Ukraine is causing huge delays to new car deliveries, but was wondering if anyone on here has ordered a facelift Cabriolet and what kind of lead time their dealer has quoted?
I am just about to place an order for a T Roc Cabriolet R Line, the facelift version and I have been quoted 12-14 weeks and 14-16 weeks. My big worry is that it is late and turns up at the end of Aug and gets registered as a a 22 plate. The dealer tells me they cannot hold it until a September registration ... do you know if that is correct?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am just about to place an order for a T Roc Cabriolet R Line, the facelift version and I have been quoted 12-14 weeks and 14-16 weeks. My big worry is that it is late and turns up at the end of Aug and gets registered as a a 22 plate. The dealer tells me they cannot hold it until a September registration ... do you know if that is correct?
I‘m guessing the difference in resale value between a 22 and 72 plate facelift Cabriolet won’t be very much in a couple of years time as they are in such short supply and appear to be very sought after. If it does arrive early at least you should have the chance to enjoy more of the su with the roof down. Unfortunately I think it’s the heated seats and steering wheel I will be enjoying if mine arrives at th end of the year!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, good point about the re-sale value in a couple of years, maybe I shouldn't worry too much. I'm trading in a Golf cabriolet which has been amazing, I hope this T Roc is as much fun.

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
1,824 Posts
Unfortunately I think it’s the heated seats and steering wheel I will be enjoying if mine arrives at th end of the year!!
The T-Roc’s heated seats are really excellent and heat up quickly so at the very least you’ll be quite happy with that!! I only wish I’d also specced the heated steering wheel - I think that’s actually discontinued altogether these days. Wonder if it would be possible to aftermarket.

·
Registered
T Roc Active 2022 1.5 TSI 150 hp in Flash Red and Black
38 Posts
Hi I had that with my Active was earmarked for a march delivery and 18-25 weeks delivery and came earlier and arrived on Christmas Eve and i picked it up on 8 January 2022 so was a late 71 plate

·
Super Moderator
2,654 Posts
The T-Roc’s heated seats are really excellent and heat up quickly so at the very least you’ll be quite happy with that!! I only wish I’d also specced the heated steering wheel - I think that’s actually discontinued altogether these days. Wonder if it would be possible to aftermarket.
I looked into have the heated steering wheel but I don't think is was available as an option for the R-Line trim. You would have thought it would be part of the Winter pack.

Another silly configuration limitation, same as you couldn't have DSG paddles with a Sports steering wheel.

·
Registered
313 Posts
When I ordered my car I think it was end of July 2020 I was told I would be lucky if I got it for February 2021 which I was fine with. It turned up on the 10th October 2020

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great news for those of us who appreciate warm hands in winter, the facelift Cabriolets have the heated steering wheel fitted as standard and I believe it’s fitted to some of the 5 door models to.
Great to hear what lots of you are saying about delivery times, hopefully mine may come sooner. Fingers crossed 🤞

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great news for those of us who appreciate warm hands in winter, the facelift Cabriolets have the heated steering wheel fitted as standard and I believe it’s fitted to some of the 5 door models to.
Great to hear what lots of you are saying about delivery times, hopefully mine may come sooner. Fingers crossed 🤞
What is the latest on lead times? I have an appointment at my local dealership tomorrow to order one, but I am so confused by all the different times being banded around, I am thinking about cancelling it and just buying one that is a few months old. I'm not really bothered about the facelift.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What is the latest on lead times? I have an appointment at my local dealership tomorrow to order one, but I am so confused by all the different times being banded around, I am thinking about cancelling it and just buying one that is a few months old. I'm not really bothered about the facelift.
Hi, did you order today and if so what are they indicating for lead time?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, did you order today and if so what are they indicating for lead time?
Hi there ... yes I did, very excited now :) I spoke to 3 dealers, one just had a guess because he said that they had received notification from VW to say delivery times were being extended. The other 2 checked the VW delivery system while I waited and both said 12 weeks for the facelift cabriolet. One also said that there would be no delay with starting the build and he assumed that as it was a facelift VW would want them on the road ASAP. He said that the main delays were with Golf and electric cars. So hopefully end of June ... ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi there ... yes I did, very excited now :) I spoke to 3 dealers, one just had a guess because he said that they had received notification from VW to say delivery times were being extended. The other 2 checked the VW delivery system while I waited and both said 12 weeks for the facelift cabriolet. One also said that there would be no delay with starting the build and he assumed that as it was a facelift VW would want them on the road ASAP. He said that the main delays were with Golf and electric cars. So hopefully end of June ... ...
Oh that’s excellent and very exciting, bet you can’t wait. I’m hoping mine may get brought forward now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi there, any news on the delivery date for your car?
I was told 2 weeks ago that it is due to be built in week 36 which is the first week of September but that this could change. I am due an update in a couple of weeks time, so fingers crossed it hasn’t dropped back 🤞. Any news on yours? Which version and what colour have you ordered?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was told 2 weeks ago that it is due to be built in week 36 which is the first week of September but that this could change. I am due an update in a couple of weeks time, so fingers crossed it hasn’t dropped back 🤞. Any news on yours? Which version and what colour have you ordered?
I ordered the R line in Kings Red and I changed the alloys too. Order went through on March 31st and was told that the delivery time was 12 weeks, so end June. Spoke to the dealer this week and he confirmed that it was due to be built in 4 weeks time. I am expecting the delivery date to slip a bit but hopefully it won't be too much.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've just been told that my car now doesn't have a confirmed build week, which is a bit disappointing. Hoping that this doesn't mean production schedules are slipping. have you had any kind of update?

·
Super Moderator
2,654 Posts
I've just been told that my car now doesn't have a confirmed build week, which is a bit disappointing. Hoping that this doesn't mean production schedules are slipping. have you had any kind of update?
If you have a provisional build week 36 (still a good bit away), then you just have to sit it out but you can ask the dealer from time to time if the provisional date is still week 36.

The actual build week does not get confirmed until about 3 weeks before, meaning around week 33 in your case.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I haven't heard anything other than mine is being built at the end of this month, I wasn't given a week number as such, just a time. I will have a catch up with the dealer in a couple of weeks and see what they say.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts