Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,750 Posts
In normal circumstances it might take anything from 2 to 6 weeks from leaving the factory to arriving at the dealership, but these aren't normal times. If fewer cars are being built, then your car may get on a ship earlier, but on the other hand you may have read on the forum about cars being stored at the port of Setubal to await fitting parts missing due to chip shortages. Come to think of it, is the R built in Portugal or Germany ?

I don't know if there is anyway to answer these uncertainties, so it's probably best not to set your sights on a particular date just yet as that could lead to disappointment and frustration.

The dealer should be notified, or able to check, when a car gets loaded on to a ship and even get the name of the ship. That would be about 1-2 weeks for cars built in Portugal before it reaches the dealer depending on your location and port of entry to the UK. Germany would probably be less.

It sounds like your dealer is quite good at keeping you informed, but if you are desperate you could give them a gentle request to regularly check the status.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Cabriolet are made in Germany all the other models made in Portugal

Reactions: Seal

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I've had a video message from the dealer this afternoon to say that the build date has been confirmed for week 23, so w.c. 6 June. (I placed the order on March 30th). No idea how long it takes to get to me after that. I also read that they can be built in 48 hours!
Wow, fantastic news, bet you can’t wait.
I’m due an update next week, so fingers crossed I get some good news to🤞.
I ordered mine on the 18th March so I would have hoped to see it at a similar time to you getting yours, but having said that, I ordered through a broker and not sure if that means that VW may treat it as a fleet purchase and guessing they give priority to building the more profitable retail sales units. Guess I’ll just have to wait patiently and hope I get some good news soon .

·
Registered
2017 R-Line Polo TSI Black Pearl (5 speed petrol)
13 Posts
The T-Roc’s heated seats are really excellent and heat up quickly so at the very least you’ll be quite happy with that!! I only wish I’d also specced the heated steering wheel - I think that’s actually discontinued altogether these days. Wonder if it would be possible to aftermarket.
Makes me wonder if the heated steering wheel will be in mine when it finally arrives then. I hope so. Maybe they would tell me if I wasn't getting what I ordered. I didn't go for the IQ lights which were optional, but since I ordered it, they aren't available so I can't miss what I wouldn't have got!😅

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I've had a video message from the dealer this afternoon to say that the build date has been confirmed for week 23, so w.c. 6 June. (I placed the order on March 30th). No idea how long it takes to get to me after that. I also read that they can be built in 48 hours!
Hi, just wondering if you have your car yet? If so, how is it?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts