Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Just thought some of you may be interested in, or thinking about, protecting you Navigation/Media screen in your car.
I fitted mine yesterday, and it seems not to detract too much from its original good looks.
Here's the link to it on amazon-Just bare in mind I can't really do it justice on the photo, as I was trying to stop my ugly mush showing on the screen.
See what you think anyway....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07882VRV6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Regards to all-Geoff...
Mine....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Unlike a phone or tablet that gets stuffed in a trouser pocket or bag complete with keys etc (&/or dropped on to the floor), I really can't think why a satnav screen needs protecting? Certainly none in the several cars I have had with built in satnav have suffered for not having one...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Is it less prone to leaving fingerprint marks?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Thanks for the info, though I agree with Hafman, I doubt I'll ever scratch the sat nav screen (never have in the past), I don't poke it with pointy objects. (good to see T-Roc specific accessories coming through though)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hafman said:
Unlike a phone or tablet that gets stuffed in a trouser pocket or bag complete with keys etc (&/or dropped on to the floor), I really can't think why a satnav screen needs protecting? Certainly none in the several cars I have had with built in satnav have suffered for not having one...
Well so be it for your line of thinking-but for me I like keeping the car/dash clean, and there may come a time when for example I catch my watch face on it cleaning it. Perhaps catch the face on the ring of my finger.?

It also shows far less fingerprints so why wouldn't I want to protect it-come to think of it I can imagine simple scenarios like leaning over to pickup a rucksack from the passenger footwell-and catching a zip buckle on it accidentally-the list could go on.
Like I said for me it's worth it-perhaps to others as well?

Dolphinfriendly1012 said:
Is it less prone to leaving fingerprint marks?
Hi Dolphin,
It is less prone-yes it definitely shows far less fingerprints, and its easy to wipe greasy marks off (eating sugary dohnuts :D ). Also it protects it from those awful tiny scratches which catch your eye in direct sunlight through over vigoress cleaning. .

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just re-read my last post, and it reads like I'm a salesman defending his 'pitch'.
Rest assured I have nothing to gain from this :lol:

Mackemsteve-Yes it is good to see T-roc specific accessories coming through-though I suspect this particular one may fit other models under VW.
Must admit though the VW UK. parts/accessories website is a little short on variety (early days still - I guess)
Regards-
Geoff

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yeah, Geoff (just call me Steve, mate), I was wanting one of those bins I saw linked to in another post on here and VW UK don't do them, only the German site and they only deliver to Germany! I do have a German friend who could forward it on to me, but it seems a chow. No idea why all markets don't get all the same accessories.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts