Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After quite some time I've managed to get my Galaxy A3/2016 working with Car-Net using a WLAN Hotspot. I'm only really interested in the Live Traffic updates but it seems to me it uses Google Maps feature. Is this correct?? I was hoping it would integrate with the built-in SatNav of the T-Roc but seems it uses Google Maps instead. If this is the case what is the point of the built-in Sat Nav?? Can anyone explain how I would use this feature and maybe any of the others as it's not entirely clear anywhere on the net. Thanks

·
Registered
402 Posts
Congratulations, you've discovered why paying a fortune for built in satnav is pointless.

·
Registered
376 Posts
If all were born equal and had all the tech knowledge as displayed by so many on this forum then, yes, maybe it would be pointless expense. For we lesser beings of low technical advantage then its maybe best to just continue to press the odd button once and shout at the car rather than fiddling with a phone whilst attempting to drive. Maybe I'm wrong on that also as I am regretfully a complete moron when confronted by complex matters and decisions of this nature.

·
Registered
402 Posts
No fiddling required.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts