Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my T-Roc in May and have just got around to trying out Car-Net. After much faffing and talking with local dealer I discovered my Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) smartphone is not compatible with Car-Net. The WLAN setup fails even though my phone can setup a WLAN Hotspot with other devices! VW Car-Net support in Germany tell me it won't be supported but I could use the Car-Stick. This seems a very expensive option (£140 on VW Parts website and presumably through a dealer).

Can anyone confirm that other cheaper USB SIM card sticks will work just as well with Car-Net/Discover Media Infotainment system. I cannot see why they would not as they are simply a USB -to-SIM connectivity device. Otherwise I may have to negotiate a price with the dealer/VW.

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Well that's a surprise. Could you post here your software versions? If you go to Settings > About Phone > Software Information and show me what versions you have for Android version, Baseband version, Kernel version and Build number I would appreciate it. My model number is SM-A310F. I have been told my phone is not compatible by the Car-Net group in Germany. Only the 2017 version is supported. I also have to assume your T-Roc will have the same Car-Net software as mine. Many thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the same model number. Android version is 7.0.baseband version is A310FXXU4CRB1. Kernel is 3.10.61-13004977 and Build number is NRD90M.A310FXXU4CRC1. If you need anything else let me know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi. Thanks for this. My versions seem to be later than yours EG: Kernel Version is 3.10.61-13952378 which I assume is a later version. You say you have a T-Roc. When did you buy it? My problem is when I go through the wizard to connect the car to my phone's WLAN Hotspot, it sees my phone but fails connection when I enter the passcode given by my phone. I assume you go through the wizard and it works fine?

Attached are screenshots of my T-Roc software/hardware. Cn you compare?

Many thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got my T-Roc R yesterday, brand new, disappointed to find no sim slot so tried my Huwai sim data stick which works fine on laptop yet the T Roc fails to see it?
Also need help as all info points to a VW stick in the UK @ £140.00 + the sim. Also for a top end model no Dynamic Road Sign Display, any cheats on this? Otherwise great little truck. Thanks in advance. m18rus

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
m18rus said:
Got my T-Roc R yesterday, brand new, disappointed to find no sim slot so tried my Huwai sim data stick which works fine on laptop yet the T Roc fails to see it?
Also need help as all info points to a VW stick in the UK @ £140.00 + the sim. Also for a top end model no Dynamic Road Sign Display, any cheats on this? Otherwise great little truck. Thanks in advance. m18rus
Use this link to do a search for Huawei on the forum ... https://www.trocforums.co.uk/search.php?keywords=huawei&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

You will get a list of about 9 topics in which Huawei devices are discussed in many posts.

Many people are successfully using Huawei wingles in their T-Rocs as well as on Skodas.

G

·
I have a cheap Huawei wingle in mine with a free Three 200mb Sim, it's been fine in the Roc and worked fine in my Tiguan for two years.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
m18rus said:
I'm assuming you mean a Huawei mobile wi-fi wingle. If you have configured it to hide (not broadcast) the SID, then the VW Infotainment system won't connect.

As for the Road Sign Recognition, there is an OBD11 tweak to turn it on as the camera is already fitted for Lane Assist.

Here's another search link ... https://www.trocforums.co.uk/search.php?keywords=recognition&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

1 - 14 of 14 Posts