Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello mates!

I just both my T-Roc Sport (top trim here), and I'm faced with a strange issue. I used to drive a C4 Cactus, and the default Citroen app gave me driving data etc. As soon as i got my new VaG I installed the Car-Net Android App (Samsung Note 8), and expected the same info, but nooooo.

The local dealer here (Bulgaria) said the app doesn't share that data in the app, and that's odd... I have the Discovery Media + Car-Net + USB CarStick and I got a blank app and website:

Destination import also broken:

Is anyone having the same issues, as I see in the demo app, there are a lot of details about the car, but non in mine?

Thanks!

·
Registered
402 Posts
I don't have car net but I have VW Connect which gets data from a Bluetooth device plugged into the OBD2 port. Info like this:
Communication Device Font Gadget Rectangle Mobile device

Azure Font Screenshot Rectangle Operating system

Product Azure Font Communication Device Material property

Gives me all mileage, fuel costs etc for the day/week/month/year

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Using Car-Net and VW Connect, they both seem to be working ok. Though I must admit that one of the apps seems to be going through a 'mid change software crisis' as I've just changed to a private plate. I went to my dealers yesterday, and they think it will be ok in a couple days once the registration has gone through properly. I like Car-net as it has a function to flash the lights and beep the horn (handy if you are parked in say a big football ground car park)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, mates! Here we don't have VW Connect as an option... 3rd world country...

Is it possible to screenshot for me the Car-Net data, then I can push the local VW to fix it, hopefully?

Thanks!

·
Registered
120 Posts
rtodorovsky said:
Thanks, mates! Here we don't have VW Connect as an option... 3rd world country...

Is it possible to screenshot for me the Car-Net data, then I can push the local VW to fix it, hopefully?

Thanks!
Below are a few shots (reduced in size to get more info in) with the obvious personal details rubbed out. There are other details as well, like 'location and area alerts' that I've omitted. But you might want to point them to the official site....

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/car-net
Regards-Geoff

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GeoffLad said:
Also note I haven't had the car that long, and have spent a few days in hospital through being ill. So details are in there 'infancy'
Thank you! Much appreciated. Get well soon! (If not already). I will, here the VW dealer is abit retarded...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Have been using VW connect, however only seems to work when I go into the app when in the car and establish a connection. Otherwise it doesn't record anything, is this correct? I would have thought that it would automatically connect when in the car.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi, I have just had a module replaced by the dealer. He said it was a module that had been updated by VW with new software to enable connection. Car connects to iPhone on start up but you will need to connect to hotspot on phone to download and internet data to car. All works fine now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AV82 said:
Hi, I have just had a module replaced by the dealer. He said it was a module that had been updated by VW with new software to enable connection. Car connects to iPhone on start up but you will need to connect to hotspot on phone to download and internet data to car. All works fine now.
Do you have the Data Plug or Car and Secure, because I only have Guide and Inform, and they said that there is no option to get driving data to my phone in that case... Which seems idiotic, given that this was free for the much cheaper Citroen Cactus I drove before... :?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yes I have a Data Plug and Car and Secure. I have a R Line (UK) and this specification looks very similar as you have. Check dealer for update on module and software. The only issue remaining is a lack of album artwork on both main screen and driver screen although shows artwork when selecting from menu on main screen.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My car net has also had the same issue with no data. It's been in to the dealers twice & they now say it's due to a faulty car net control module which they've ordered. My wife's polo has the vw connect dongle which is great but from what I understand, car net has an inbuilt tracker which notifies you of the cars location or if it moves outside of a geofence you can set. Apparently they have an inbuilt gsm SIM card in the dashboard which allows it to function independently of whichever phone you hook it up to. Still waiting for mine to be fixed to see if the tracker really does work but it will be a very valuable feature if it does

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.