Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 we got a MK1 Tiguan 140 Sport, then in 2012 it was a MK2 Tiguan 170 Sport. Both Diesel

2014 was a MK7 golf GTD on a 4 year options deal, due to expire end of February.

I really fancied the new Jaguar E Pace which was announced at the same time as the T Roc, but the wife went to the dealers pre launch viewing of the T Roc and wanted it.

We do around 7K mikes a year and don't get the benefit of the Diesel engine. Paired with the crap I hear about DPF and short journeys, we have decided to go petrol.

Current GTD is white, so it has to be a different colour for the T Roc. I'm not convinced on the coloured roof, but we have ordered a 1.5 TSi (150 BHP) Indium Grey metallic, black roof. (Subtle, rather than in your face)

Options ordered are the 18" dark grey alloys, which should match the dark grey paint, power boot (wife is 5,3") and the uprated beats sound system.

Dealer has agreed to supply free, rubber mats, rear flaps and pay for the cherished reg transfer.

I was pleasantly surprised that the upgrades were all really cheap. The GTD had one upgrade, alloys up from 18" to 19" but that was a whopping £990.

So car ordered 2 weeks ago. Deposit paid and after 2 weeks the VW tracking still showing as with factory awaiting a build week.

I guess the Christmas holidays will knock the build back a bit. I'd really like to think it will progress soon

Will keep you all posted.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Congratulations Betty on your T Roc order, you are the second after me to place an order on here. Looks like a nice spec, maybe I should have upgraded to the darker grey alloys on reflection
Do you have an expected delivery date from your dealer? I was told end of January.
I've been promised a test drive when they get a demonstrator in but no word yet

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My PCP finishes end of February and the dealer expects our car around the same time.
After a fortnight I would have expected a build date but it is still with the factory for allocation.
I have been researching the factory in Portugal and am a little concerned to find that it has been the subject of recent industrial action..... I'm hoping it leads to nothing, but it could lead to delays in delivery in the future.

https://algarvedailynews.com/news/12395-workers-strike-at-portugal-s-vw-plant-the-fost-strike-for-27-years

Re the different alloys, I think you can still change things like that at this stage.... get onto your dealer to find out.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oops, I spoke too soon.

Dealer just messaged me to say build week 52.

Isn't that between a Christmas and new year? I hope they are not in party mood and get the job done properly. Well if anything goes wrong with the car I will know why!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wow, build week52, no word from my dealer yet. I ordered about 4 weeks ago so I might get a call. I'll leave the wheels as mine is a white car with a black roof so the brighter wheels might look better.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine ordered two weeks ago.

If you have the order number you can follow it on VW order tracking. I did ask the salesman if he knew when I should get a date and it took him two days to find out.

I've just looked at my tracking and still no date allocated here. I'm sure your dealer might be able to find out.

·
Administrator
160 Posts
Congratulations on your order. I can't imagine a week 52 build, I thought they closed for that week but guess I must be wrong!
If you're not keen on a contrasting roof I think the colour you've chosen is the right choice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts