Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just heard that my T-Roc SEL 2.0 TDI 4motion has arrived at the dealer, after being ordered the first week in January. I'm getting it on a 3 year contract hire deal and have now been told that the price has been increased by over £10 per month because of the new Vehicle Tax changes brought in on the 1st April 2018.... Anybody else had this problem? I'm aware of the new charges but surely if the car was ordered in January then I should be paying the price as agreed back then?

Any thoughts or advice most appreciated.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would have thought any tax changes would have been announced before January, so the dealer should have built that into the price and how does it amount to £360 over the 3 year term.

I am a little concerned that I agreed a price off the dealers Ipad but when I signed the order form the monthly repayments are not listed anywhere and I haven't received any paperwork from VW finance saying the monthly cost I agreed, I'm kicking myself I didn't take a quick photo for reference, as they could say that wasn't the price I was offered if they come back with a higher figure

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I would have thought too.

I think I do have a copy of the finance quote somewhere at home...will dig that out and take it with me to the dealership.

Sadly it is over £300 extra for the first year of registration of a diesel with 131-150 CO2 emissions from 1st April...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just checked the paperwork on my order and the tax charge for my petrol model is listed as £160 but I think it has gone up to £165 this year, so if it has gone up £300 for a diesel you will have to increase your deposit or pay more per month :-(

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ian J said:
Just checked the paperwork on my order and the tax charge for my petrol model is listed as £160 but I think it has gone up to £165 this year, so if it has gone up £300 for a diesel you will have to increase your deposit or pay more per month :-(
I have just received a long and rambling email from my dealer, saying that due to the change from NEDC to WLTP the car I have on order (1.5 TSI EVO DSG), it may or may not have a different tax band from previously advertised. No commitments as yet, nor are they clear about whether delivery will be effected by this change.

On the order form it states road tax of £160 (plus £55 in the first year). I _think_ the NEDC figure is 122g, which would give an annual charge of £165, so no idea why the dealer wrote £160 on the order form.

What are other UK drivers of the 1.5 TSI EVO DSG paying?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.