Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First new car we have ever bought, so I have been pretty anal about going through everything and checking everything I could think of.
A bit sad, I know.... :oops:

Very happy with the car so far. Specially as I haven't found any reason to 'tap the dash' ... I mean who the f**k does that?!

ANYWAY... as part of my checks, I decided to have a look at the locking wheel nut and check it fitted.
It didn't.

Drove up to my dealers this morning and had an embarrassing 'I think my wheel nut doesn't fit' conversation.
Obviously, the guys came to have a look, thinking I was useless.
Even if I WAS doing it wrong, I needed to be told the right way to do it.

Sure enough, they couldn't get it to work either. I showed it to them on all four wheels... didn't fit, any of them.

So we have a NEW set of lockers on order and they are going to have to work out how to take the ones off we have one now.
Apparently they have 'master' sets they use in cases where people loose them etc....

Doesn't even look right by eye. :?

They are put on in the factory, then the nut goes in a pack with the keys.
When the cars are inspected at the dealers, part of the checks include double checking the torque settings on the wheel nuts.
I suspect they have done more than one car at a time and just got the nuts mixed up.

Does yours work?

Watch this space... oh, and I highly suggest you check yours!!!! :ugeek:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Locking wheelnuts is something inventer by the devil.

When You have A flat at night in the rain, You Can never remember the "safe" place You put the key, never mind getting a good Grip With the whench.

And if the dealer has A Master key, so do the thieves.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agerbundsen said:
And if the dealer has A Master key, so do the thieves.
I kind of agree with that!
Guess it is just to deter opportunity thefts.

Very happy I checked it though!!!
At least I know if I get a flat before now and when the fetch it, there is no point in me even trying to fit the spare! 🤣

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bopper said:
Just checked our locking nut key and all ok!
Cool.... I guess it could just be a very rare mess up at the dealers, when doing two cars at a time?

When we picked up the T-Roc, a guy was picking up a brand new gold Golf GTI... maybe HE has my locking nut and I have his! :lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
--RESOLVED--

Went in to the dealers on Saturday morning at 10:30.
Rolled out at 11:30 with new locking wheel nuts.

They said that they were able to use a 'master' set to take them off. Apparently they have 20ish master sets that they have to work through and try till they find one that works.

Happy now and we have a proper working set. :ugeek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts