Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone!

After my initial introduction of "Clementine" here, I thought I'd continue with the updates of it in a topic with photos ;)

So Clementine was picked up on mid February 2020 and is an energetic orange with black roof, 2.0 TSI Sport, R-Line with a lot of extras.
A week later it was de-chromed (everything wrapped in black) and painted the brake calipers in orange, followed by powder coating the 18" Sebring rims to glossy black 2 weeks later.

After that I went back to the wrapping company and had the rear lights and the front day lights/indicators tinted, and added a sunscreen line on the top of the front window.

The last things I did to it for now, during the last 2,5 weeks, were to replace the wrapped rear emblem with a painted one that has the inlays in the chassis colour and had the rear bumper customized, to remove the fake exhaust tips, close the openings. And had the whole car polished and applied with ceramic coating to maintain its shinny colour. :p :mrgreen:

Without further due here are some pics from all the different states.

Day #4 with the car
Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle

Chrome deleted :D
View attachment 2491
View attachment 2492

Painted rims
View attachment 2497

Tinting lights
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Tire

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

Customized rear and coated
View attachment 2662
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire Wheel

I'll be posting updates over time as the changes continue :geek: :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Excellent work mate!!!
The only thing i would change is the black emblem at font with the factory one. Two much dark at the front. All the others are excellent!!!

G

·
Looks class, the colour coded rear badge is an massive improvement and the removal of the fake exhausts are awesome :cool:
I haven't seen a t-roc with so many mods, not sure what's left to do except maybe a quad exhaust or two big single pipes :p

G

·
Chrisnik said:
Excellent work mate!!!
The only thing i would change is the black emblem at font with the factory one. Two much dark at the front. All the others are excellent!!!
Agree with Chris, maybe needs to stand out a bit.
You're probably limited to what you can do, it's a pity you can't do the same as the back or a vw logo wrap?
Still looks well though 👌

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chrisnik said:
Excellent work mate!!!
Thanks! For the front badge I've already gone overboard... I've reached out to https://kliimw.com/ who are based in Austin, Texas (IIRC) and I've placed an order for a custom front badge wrap, that will be black but with details in the chassis colour (similar to this: https://kliimw.com/products/vw-front-badge-overlay-kit-gloss-blackout). It will take them a while before this is ready as they had to order a front badge from Europe (they didn't have the part number in US) and a part painted in energetic orange from Europe as also the colour code isn't available in US.
So once that arrives I'll replace the complete black one

vernerbongo2 said:
Looks class, the colour coded rear badge is an massive improvement and the removal of the fake exhausts are awesome :cool:
I haven't seen a t-roc with so many mods, not sure what's left to do except maybe a quad exhaust or two big single pipes :p
Thanks!!
I'm probably going to go for a muffler removal and a quad exhaust. And I also want to do a stage 1 tuning and I'm good for now. I'll be also looking for used 19" Pretorias To swap my 18" and I think I will stop after that, for a bit :lol:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vernerbongo2 said:
Chrisnik said:
Excellent work mate!!!
Agree with Chris, maybe needs to stand out a bit.
You're probably limited to what you can do, it's a pity you can't do the same as the back or a vw logo wrap?
Still looks well though 👌

sketch-1591555237929.png
As I mentioned to Chris, I'm already on it... It's just that I have to wait now (and it costed a fortune to get it done but it was worth it. And on the bright side, kliimw.com will also now sell kits for T-Roc since I had them make custom ones for me (I also gave them the rear emblem part number to make some GTI pattern inlays) :cool:

G

·
doggy said:
As I mentioned to Chris, I'm already on it... It's just that I have to wait now (and it costed a fortune to get it done but it was worth it. And on the bright side, kliimw.com will also now sell kits for T-Roc since I had them make custom ones for me (I also gave them the rear emblem part number to make some GTI pattern inlays) :cool:
Yes that will look well especially if it's got the halo surround.
Great work :cool:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again for the good feedback and comments! I'm looking forward to receiving those blackout kits... :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
vernerbongo2 said:
IMG_20200608_215609.jpg
Wait, what??? How did you do that? I like! :)

182_blue said:
Does covering the from badge affect the front radar?
No, not at all. Haven't had any issues with it, and I have it covered for 2+ months and 2,500-3,000 km. :)

G

·
doggy said:
Wait, what??? How did you do that? I like! :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: looks alright I bet vw do it?

Not sure if it would work in with the line from back door but worth a look?
Obviously a wrap if it doesn't work out ;)
More money :lol:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Steve said:
Did you paint your calipers yourself ?
No, I had the company that did the wrapping of the silver details to do it. The results are nice but in all honesty I should had waited till I went for the ceramic coating, so that I'd have them painted in the chassis colour (the detailers have a painter who customized my rear bumper and badge)

And here's a picture from today, after a touchless wash I did in a wash-box.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
doggy said:
Steve said:
Did you paint your calipers yourself ?
No, I had the company that did the wrapping of the silver details to do it. The results are nice but in all honesty I should had waited till I went for the ceramic coating, so that I'd have them painted in the chassis colour (the detailers have a painter who customized my rear bumper and badge)

And here's a picture from today, after a touchless wash I did in a wash-box.

IMG_20200620_162956.jpg
Looks great. I am thinking of doing the same to mine.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Steve said:
Looks great. I am thinking of doing the same to mine.
I'd suggest go with the chassis color, unless if you want red.
It will be a bit more expensive (for the color) but it will worth it. Mine are painted orange but not color matched and it's too expensive to sand them and redo them. I'll just wait till I go for bigger brakes :mrgreen:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi Doggy.You have inspired me to do mine.I have had all the chrome painted black except the front badge as i was advised not to have it covered as it may affect the sensor.I have had the T-ROC letters removed from the rear.Next job is to have the wheels powder coated and lights tinted.Did you go for the gloss on the wheels and did you do the lights yourself.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Steve said:
Hi Doggy.You have inspired me to do mine.I have had all the chrome painted black except the front badge as i was advised not to have it covered as it may affect the sensor.I have had the T-ROC letters removed from the rear.Next job is to have the wheels powder coated and lights tinted.Did you go for the gloss on the wheels and did you do the lights yourself.
Hi Steve!
Shoot, I hadn't seen the mail with your post. :)

So, glad to have inspired you. :) I won't feel alone in these extreme things I do :lol:
For the front badge, I had it wrapped with 3M foil and the radar works like a charm.
And FWIW, I've placed an order with https://kliimw.com/ for a custom made front badge wrap with the car's color. I've paid for a spare part + the colour matching; they had to order a part from Europe, painted in the Energetic Orange colour code and a rear badge as I wanted to make also some rear badge fillings in different designs (though I painted mine already in the car's colour).

So they will make a custom front wrap for me. For the total black, I know that there are already some on e-bay that are for our T-Roc and they are exactly like mine.

As for your question about the rims, I went for the gloss black. And with regards to the front lights, a store did it for me, though I saw the process and it isn't really that hard to do it yourself. As long as you have a steady hand to work with the knife and cut the edges and have a heat gun handy for the proper fitting, you should be good to do it yourself.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
More updates...
Clementine / Mantarinis (in Greek) 2 weeks ago went for a raceline turbo muffler delete and a raceline 90 turbo intake elbow install along with a stage 1 ecu remap.
New numbers: ~260hp and 430nm.

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper

And on the day after went for 19" black gloss rims shopping, but despite the trials I didn't like any of the ones that could have the OEM VW logo hub caps (I want to keep those self-leveling ones).

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Grille Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

All the rims I really liked couldn't get the OEM VW logo cap (65mm outer diameter, 54 inner), and even though I loved the BROCK B38 I ended up asking them for anything that looks like either the BROCK B38 or the Pretoria and can come in black gloss.
I'm waiting for them to get some sets of the DRC DGR (branded "inspired" from the pretoria) or any other one that looks like that and I'll pay the shop another visit in the coming 2 weeks. The specific store also wants to buy my powder coated 18" Sebring wheels at a good-ish price which makes it even nicer for me.

Attachments

G

·
doggy said:
raceline turbo muffler delete and a raceline 90 turbo intake elbow install along with a stage 1 ecu remap.

19" black gloss rims shopping.
Great stuff doggy :p

Wouldn't be easy picking a set of new alloy wheels :?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.