Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

Registered
doggy said:
Here's some revving with the valve closed and open. The difference from outside is noticeable (not so much from inside the car).

I love this thread, what a breath of fresh air it really is.
Brilliant job doggy, keep up the fine work :D

Registered
Polo 6N - 1995. T-Roc - 2020.
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Bellasdad said:
I love this thread, what a breath of fresh air it really is.
Brilliant job doggy, keep up the fine work :D
Thanks a mil! I really appreciate all the comments! I love my T-Roc 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Update!

The kliimw.com stickers are finally here!

First of all, I'm a bit of a shopaholic so I kind of went crazy with the things I ordered. :)
Automotive tire Sleeve Font Red Symbol

I ordered a bunch of steering wheel badge inserts (MK7 GTD plaid, MK7 GTI plaid, sticker bomb + custom), a few rear badge inserts (black uni, stickerbomb + custom) and a few front badge blackout kits with a custom sticker. All that, plus some custom made logos for a Greek VW enthusiasts club that I have been running since 2004.

For now I placed the GTD plaid style on the steering wheel:
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Alloy wheel

As for the custom made stickers, they where made in a colour-match vinyl that matched the Energetic Orange colour of my Clementine. It was a very long process for kliimw as the energetic orange isn't available in the US and they had to order a car piece from EU, painted with that colour and started the matching process. As they told me, it was the toughest colour they've ever had to match because of the way that the metallic colour changes depending on the angle you look at it. It took a long time to complete it but the folks at kliimw.com did a spectacular job in matching the colour and as you will see below, the result is stunning.
I butchered one of the VWClub stickers in order to see the colour matching...

Spot the "V" below:
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood

Can you see it now?
Hood Plant Orange Automotive design Vehicle door

:)

And here's the full logo:
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Apologies if I'm violating any "no-other-forums-advertisement" rule.
If I am violating one @admins, please drop me a msg and I'll remove the last pic.

Next up, once we have a warm day in Amsterdam (it was 6 degrees Celcius yesterday), I'll go and replace the front completely black wrapped badge with the color matching one from kliimw. :)

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Hi all!
Greetings from the frozen Amsterdam.
Last night with the help of a hot air gun in a basement parking of a friend I removed the black on black front badge wrap and placed the custom colour matched one!
Let me know what you think!

Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Vehicle Car Land vehicle Plant Blue

Grille Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Amber

Attachments

Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
It's what you like yourself that counts anyway &#x1f937-2642;

Personally I don't like black because I think it needs to stand out from the black grill and also highlight the VW logo.

long story short, I'm loving it 馃憣馃槈

Registered
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Deleted user 925 said:
It's what you like yourself that counts anyway &#x1f937-2642;

Personally I don't like black because I think it needs to stand out from the black grill and also highlight the VW logo.

long story short, I'm loving it 馃憣馃槈
Thanks a lot!
The truth is that I'm puzzled. I am not sure if I like the old look or this one more. 馃馃

PS
Is your username really "Deleted user 925" or is there something wrong with the profile?

Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
Deleted user 925 said:
Reading that again I see it could be picked up wrongly.
I ment an all black VW badge doesn't stand out enough.

I think you knew what I ment anyway 馃槈

I see what you're talking about regarding the new VW logo, the old back one looks better because the black VW lettering is chunkier.
It's a minor gripe.
If you hadn't mentioned it I wouldn't have picked up on it &#x1f937-2642;
Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Land vehicle Grille

Attachments

Registered
Hi Doggy,
I ordered the orange badge for my front grill from a place in Australia last year.A few minutes after fitting it i took it off again.I hatted it, it looked to much if you know what i mean.I think the black looks better but it is what you like that counts.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Hey folks, been super busy plus some other shenanigans kept me away.
To tell you the truth, I wasn't super excited either, it lasted 1,5 week and went back to the wrapping company and made it completely black again. :)
The standing out would make more sense if it was a car with a shorter front grill where the hood and bumper colour would be closer to the badge.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Hey everyone!

I'm back! :)

It has been an interesting 2021 for sure (spoiler alert, long post with many updates that happened).

1. I finally brought my other love, my 1st project car the Polo 6N to the Netherlands so I can drive it on a weekly basis! :)
Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

2. I managed to spend a Sunday to finally replace the lower fog/turning light bulbs with the cold white ones that I had bought quite some months before I installed them.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

3. Attended with the Polo a local car meet and won in a giveaway, coloured seatbelts. Since the Polo has already red seatbelts, I had the the prize used on the T-Roc.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Luggage and bags Grey Bag

4. Had some folks remotely unlock for me the performance monitor (since the dealer wasn't going to do any SWaP for me).
Car Speedometer Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part

5. Sad news, I had an accident on the highway at the end of November at a spot with no lights. I was doing 120kmh (within limit), and a fox jumped at about 7-8m in front of me. I hit it with the front right side. Called the police, they sent a service to find the fox and euthanize it and they told me that if the car can drive, I can go. Luckily not an excessive amount of damages but for me... that was an opportunity. :sneaky:

Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car Vehicle Tire

6. Damages got fixed (lower lip, lower mid-grill and something from the inner side needed replacement and they glued one of the lower fog lights). And then I had them also do the following:
  • Remove the black wrap from all chrome / silver surfaces and repaint those parts in black gloss (roof rails, the window decoration, front silver line on the top of the grill and front silver line under the grill and headlights).
  • Cut a small opening on the left side of the grill (left side when seating in the car), on top part and open a hole also in the pipe towards the air intake for more airflow (I'm planning to replace the air intake box with a racingline R600)
  • Removed the headlights and shipped them to 7-lights.de who opened them and painted the chrome details inside the headlights in black gloss and re-sealed it.
  • Ordered from Maxton Design side skirts, roof spoiler and a diffuser. The diffuser needed quite some customizing because it's meant to be for the SE version bumpers and not the R-line, plus my quad exhaust was in the way.
  • For the above to be installed and since I had parts being painted, I had them remove the old ceramic coating and do a brand new one with a total of 7 layers; the results are stunning as the car has gotten an impressive gloss!
After almost 2 months of work, I got the car back on Friday evening! :)
Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Car

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Automotive parking light Automotive lighting

Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Needless to say that I'm super happy with the results!

• Love
Reactions: Vernerbongo2

Registered
Hi doggy Car is looking fantastic you are making me very jealous lol . A lot of work and must of cost you loads to do but well worth it. Great job 馃憤馃徎馃榾

Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
Welcome back stranger, thought you had left us 馃し鈥嶁檪锔忦煒

Class job as usual, looking great 馃憣馃憦

How many gauges are available on the performance monitor & was it worth it?

Maybe need a couple more photos there, full side view & a lower front photo to show the headlights.

Good stuff 馃憣

Reactions: Steve

Registered
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Hi doggy Car is looking fantastic you are making me very jealous lol . A lot of work and must of cost you loads to do but well worth it. Great job 馃憤馃徎馃榾
It did cost quite a lot (like A LOT) 馃槄

Welcome back stranger, thought you had left us 馃し鈥嶁檪锔忦煒

Class job as usual, looking great 馃憣馃憦

How many gauges are available on the performance monitor & was it worth it?

Maybe need a couple more photos there, full side view & a lower front photo to show the headlights.

Good stuff 馃憣
I was so busy again that I didn't even bother with some private stuff. 馃檭
The HMI menu has the turbo pressure, g-force acceleration, power in kw, oil temp and water temp. I don't remember if there is anything else.
I'm using it to see the turbo pressure, oil temp and water temp.
I'm mostly interested in the oil temp to know when the car is ok to drive a bit sportier.
It is mostly a gimmick, I don't know if it was worth the fuzz since it didn't give me everything I was hoping for (exhaust fumes temp, a/f ratio). I had higher expectations 馃榿

For the headlights I have one more photo now but I'll go make some new in the coming days.

Grille Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

I hope the size is ok because I am making this post on my phone. 馃榿

Reactions: Steve

Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
Good god, who buys a Bentley and gets it sprayed hot pink 馃ぃ sacrilege!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Good god, who buys a Bentley and gets it sprayed hot pink 馃ぃ sacrilege!!
Apparently that person there. 馃槀馃槀

• Haha

Registered
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
A couple of more photos I made yesterday, while leaving from work.

Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Automotive tire

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Grille

Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille Car

Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle

• Love

Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
Looks well & the black headlights too 馃憣馃槈

Is the light output of the headlights affected by being painted black? 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Looks well & the black headlights too 馃憣馃槈

Is the light output of the headlights affected by being painted black? 馃
Thanks! 馃檪馃檪

The light is not affected at all by that as the painted surface that are not needed for light reflection.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I know I can't restrain myself.
Rear wiper delete and using obdeleven, i disabled also the rear water sprinkler.
And while I was at it, I activated also the urban lights. 馃榿
Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille

And here are also some photos from a meeting in NL I went a few weeks ago.

Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light

Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car
Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
Good to hear from you 馃憣馃お

T-Roc is certainly unique, you've put a lot of work in.
You must be running out of things to do on it now 馃槀

I'm not a big fan of the joker lights but each to their own, at least it's not permanent 馃槈

Have you entered into any competitions?

My car is completely bog standard 馃し鈥嶁檪锔忦煓
(apart from coding tweaks)

41 - 60 of 76 Posts