Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,814 Posts
What am I not seeing ... urban lights and joker lights ? Where/what are these ?

• Haha
Reactions: Vernerbongo2

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
1,903 Posts
What am I not seeing ... urban lights and joker lights ? Where/what are these ?
They’re a modification through the OBD port. It changes how the indicator lights on the car behave. It’s basically a “poor man’s Audi scrolling indicator” where the two segments of the indicator will flash in sequence rather than together. I personally don’t like it but a lot of the OBD mods are down to individual taste!

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
1,903 Posts
They're 120% illegal, you could be pulled over never mind the MOT 😂🤣
So are these dodgy spaced license plates but the police never bother with them. They’re everywhere these days so obviously it’s very low risk.

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
889 Posts
So are these dodgy spaced license plates but the police never bother with them. They’re everywhere these days so obviously it’s very low risk.
I suppose the way cars are going these days no one would realise the tail lights are changed, including the police?
The Mot would pick up on it though , especially here in Northern Ireland. Our MOT's are done in government run centres.

I agree with you on the number plates, dodgy spacing, fonts & number/letter sizing.
The PSNI over here are known to pull you for a dodgy number plate the odd time.

Another craze over here at the minute are coloured windscreen tints, they look absolutely crap.

I've just realised we've kind of gate crashed @doggy's personal mod update thread 🙈
Sorry @doggy .

Reactions: twist

·
Registered
Polo 6N - 1995. T-Roc - 2020.
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I suppose the way cars are going these days no one would realise the tail lights are changed, including the police?
The Mot would pick up on it though , especially here in Northern Ireland. Our MOT's are done in government run centres.

I agree with you on the number plates, dodgy spacing, fonts & number/letter sizing.
The PSNI over here are known to pull you for a dodgy number plate the odd time.

Another craze over here at the minute are coloured windscreen tints, they look absolutely crap.

I've just realised we've kind of gate crashed @doggy's personal mod update thread 🙈
Sorry @doggy .
No worries! :)
I've configured the Urban Joke for a while now and I've had a couple of times a police car behind me at a traffic light while waiting to turn (In NL and in Germany) and they didn't bother.

You must be running out of things to do on it now 😂

Have you entered into any competitions?
Well.. there was one more thing I could do, and I did... 😂
I replaced the stock suspension and the eibach springs for a set of KW Variant 1 coilovers. Then after configuring it at a bit lower height for a few weeks, I dropped the rear suspension completely and aligned the front with it (the front could go lower but it would be way too much).
So now Clementine looks like this:

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Land vehicle

Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Grille

And I went with it to an all cars event in Belgium where it got awarded as one of the top 3 in the "OEM+" group. :)
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

I'm still experimenting with the current height as the T-Roc is no longer a compact crossover SUV. It is as low as a Passat / Golf (and then a bit lower than those even).
Probably once the events season is over, I will get it up by 1-2 cm so that it can still be driven without fear.

• Love

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
889 Posts
I would actually have liked my car to ride higher than it does 🤷‍♂️

What about doing something with the wheel arches, colour code them with the bodywork?
Has been done on here in indium grey but it's not that noticeable because it's grey.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
I would actually have liked my car to ride higher than it does 🤷‍♂️

What about doing something with the wheel arches, colour code them with the bodywork?
Has been done on here in indium grey but it's not that noticeable because it's grey.
I was thinking of air so that I can go up and down as required but I would lose even more space from the boot (Which is already small).
Now for the arches, I am thinking either body colour or black gloss to match the maxton design. I will think about it in the future.
Before that is done I'll probably do some interior upholstery stuff... but first I need to finish with the 6N which is being worked on since February to get a custom gearbox in it; the mechanic is attempting to fit a Golf MK3 VR6 gearbox on a Polo 6N engine. :)

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
889 Posts
I never liked the black edition in the audi Q3 with the gloss black wheel arches but each to their own.
Gives the impression of larger wheel arches 🤔

A few of the current SUV's come with colour coded wheel arches now.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

The lines don't seem to work in at the front wheel arches & possibly the rear?
The orange would run down below the black sill & front lip line unless you do a masking tape straight line.

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
889 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: looks alright I bet vw do it?
Reference, rear pillar colour coded with roof.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle
I was right 🤔
The black edition comes with a graphic stuck on, maybe other colours will become available?

Reactions: doggy

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
I never liked the black edition in the audi Q3 with the gloss black wheel arches but each to their own.
Gives the impression of larger wheel arches 🤔

A few of the current SUV's come with colour coded wheel arches now.

The lines don't seem to work in at the front wheel arches & possibly the rear?
The orange would run down below the black sill & front lip line unless you do a masking tape straight line.
The car colour was something that I considered too but now with the gloss black sideskirts I'm thinking either gloss black (which I'm not a fan of either) or to leave them as they are.
I think I will leave the arches as they are.

I was right 🤔
The black edition comes with a graphic stuck on, maybe other colours will become available?
you were right indeed. :)
I haven't seen any other colours to be coming, and I don't know if that would be smart for them to do.
If I understand you correctly, you mean about having different roof + pillar colour options?

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
889 Posts
The car colour was something that I considered too but now with the gloss black sideskirts I'm thinking either gloss black (which I'm not a fan of either) or to leave them as they are.
I think I will leave the arches as they are.

you were right indeed. :)
I haven't seen any other colours to be coming, and I don't know if that would be smart for them to do.
If I understand you correctly, you mean about having different roof + pillar colour options?
The rear pillar that is the same colour as the car. I done yours black!
The black edition comes with a dark graphic that sticks over it.
Whatever you do or don't, it will look well 👌

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
The rear pillar that is the same colour as the car. I done yours black!
The black edition comes with a dark graphic that sticks over it.
Whatever you do or don't, it will look well 👌
Gotcha. If I'll touch something that would be the fender arches and make them black gloss.

Are you serious, or joking 🤔😂
Delete my reply with the photos?
Lol, I meant that message itself because I accidentally double-posted

• Helpful
61 - 76 of 76 Posts