Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be totally normal but I've not noticed it on previous cars I had, my T-Roc revs at 1.5 when it is cold when idle for a couple of mins or so, then goes down to the normal 1. Do yours do the same? Got the 1l engine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
That's been normal for all cars since the invention of the motor vehicle , the engine is chocked of air when cold which results in a higher RPM. As you stated, once it warms up in a few minutes it should settle back down as air is reintroduced

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jamesley said:
That's been normal for all cars since the invention of the motor vehicle , the engine is chocked of air when cold which results in a higher RPM. As you stated, once it warms up in a few minutes it should settle back down as air is reintroduced
Ah okay, I just never had it with previous cars and it took me so long with this one to realise because it is so quiet lol!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Jamesley said:
In the days of carburettors, air was partially restricted (choke) so more fuel and less air were allowed in, running the engine faster and stopping it from stalling. With injection systems, more fuel is injected for the first minutes to avoid a misfire, which could otherwise seriously damage the catalyst. But you should not notice this as you are meant to drive off as soon as the engine is running. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts