Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently placed my order, expecting delivery mid to late June.

I struggled to choose a colour. The monochrome range looks classy, but I felt that I wanted something different. The brighter colours are all very striking and attractive, but I felt perhaps a bit too bold. That left Dark Oak Brown, which I have chosen, with a black roof.

The problem is now that I have placed my order I am becoming concerned. I have only seen the colour on the brochure picture, which is not entirely reliable. I have not seen a single "real-life" image of the car in this colour, nor any of the contributors to this forum (or other similar) who have chosen brown. Could I be the only person on the planet who has chosen this I wonder!? Has anyone else seen one ordered one? Have I made a terrible mistake? I have a window of one week in which I can change the order and am in two minds about whether I should do so.

Any thoughts welcome

1.5 EVO DSG SEL with side assist and winter pack - dark oak brown with black roof (for now)! - UK

·
Registered
67 Posts
We half looked at that shade, but decided to "play safe" and go for what we normally prefer, ie a shade of "navy blue", aka Atlantic Blue.

Rather than rely on (notoriously unreliable) printed brochures, see if the dealer has a paint card - our dealer had post card sized bits of plastic painted correctly. Looking at one might help confirm your decision (or reverse it)?.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
402 Posts
It's a minefield. There's not enough out there yet and dealers only have pretty conservative colours in. In particular I'd like to see what the coloured dash pads look like in real life. Having been unable to do so I've gone for boring black oak dash. Car colour is going to be Turmeric yellow with a black roof. Not seen that in real life either, but almost every YouTube review use a car of that colour and I love it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It also took me quite a while to decide the colour. I was very uncertain. Then I visited a dealer in a nearby city to get a quote, hoping to get a better price offer than here in Bologna. At the end the offer was not so good, but the trip was useful anyway because they had exposed the oak brown model with black roof. Loved it from the first moment! Elegant colour but not boring or too common. I think you don't get tired of it, while others more vivid colours...
Then A friend of mine got her new t-roc brown oak and I got even more convinced of my choice.
I've attached pics of her brown oak t-roc.
It may help someone in choosing the colour.
I ordered mine brown oak black roof 1.5 tsi advanced (top trim here in Italy) bmt, leather seats, glass rooftop, retro camera and electric tailgate. Placed order on February 14th, I will probably get it early June 🤞.
I like the forum very much!

Greetings from Bologna-Italia.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Your lady friend got it right 4motion must mean 190 hp tsi? She will blow your ears off at the starting line.

G

·
Alesbru said:
It also took me quite a while to decide the colour. I was very uncertain. Then I visited a dealer in a nearby city to get a quote, hoping to get a better price offer than here in Bologna. At the end the offer was not so good, but the trip was useful anyway because they had exposed the oak brown model with black roof. Loved it from the first moment! Elegant colour but not boring or too common. I think you don't get tired of it, while others more vivid colours...
Then A friend of mine got her new t-roc brown oak and I got even more convinced of my choice.
I've attached pics of her brown oak t-roc.
It may help someone in choosing the colour.
I ordered mine brown oak black roof 1.5 tsi advanced (top trim here in Italy) bmt, leather seats, glass rooftop, retro camera and electric tailgate. Placed order on February 14th, I will probably get it early June 🤞.
I like the forum very much!

Greetings from Bologna-Italia.
Your friend doesn't have roof rails, was it removed or is there an option without it? Because I am wondering if they are detachable and how does it look like after removal. Thanks.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for your replies, with particular thanks to Alesbru. The photo really helps, and the car looks very classy in this colour. I have decided to stick with it. I now know mine won't be the only brown T-Roc on the planet - just in the UK! The idea of perhaps being different also appeals. I wonder though, whether you can easily distinguish the black roof as the brown is so dark. You can't see any difference in the first photo and just about see it in the second. It may just be a trick of the light in the photographs. I would value your comment on this please Alesbru.

With greetings from Manchester - UK

·
Registered
4 Posts
Actually the picture was taken on a cloudy/rainy day, definitely not a bright day. So the contrast between black roof and brown is even less evident. Said this, brown colour is dark and the difference would never be too evident in any given sky condition.
For me this was a plus to choose this color scheme.
Glad that I could help you Grrralph somehow.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you Alesbru. I hope you are enjoying your new T-Roc, and I'm sure you are if it's as good as it looks. I will look forward to mine which is due late June

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.