Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi T-Roc lovers
Couldn't find this topic in search so here it goes. Rather than connecting my android phone via USB , to listen to music , I would like to connect an external hard drive via USB like my friend does with his A Class Mercedes. Anyone else does this ? If so , what's the highest capacity that the car audio work with (ie: 500gb, 1tb etc).
The other thing I noticed that although I can connect my phone via Bluetooth for making phone calls , it won't connect for listening to music via Bluetooth 馃
Thanks for replies
I drive an R-Line

Registered
Hi turkishgeezer - Although I can't answer your hard-drive question because I haven't taken delivery of my T-Roc yet, I do have a 2018 Golf 1.6. which I believe has the same media system as the T-Roc. My Bluetooth Phone connects through one channel to the "telephone" element of the module and the Bluetooth Music (Apple and Amazon) connects via a different channel via the "Media" channel which is accessed by selection the "Media" button on the consul. It is a little fiddly to set up, but it should work. If it doesn't then.. back to the dealer.

1.5Tsi SE DSG

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ianchelt
Thanks for the reply. I use a OnePlus 5t mobile. When I went on my settings in the car for some reason it won't let me click the music under Bluetooth connection. I don't have an issue when I connect the usb but obviously that limits the use of my phone as it is attached to the car

Registered
turkishgeezer said:
Hi T-Roc lovers
Couldn't find this topic in search so here it goes. Rather than connecting my android phone via USB , to listen to music , I would like to connect an external hard drive via USB like my friend does with his A Class Mercedes. Anyone else does this ? If so , what's the highest capacity that the car audio work with (ie: 500gb, 1tb etc).
The other thing I noticed that although I can connect my phone via Bluetooth for making phone calls , it won't connect for listening to music via Bluetooth 馃
Thanks for replies
I drive an R-Line
What sort of HD were you thinking of connecting?
Just wondering if a usb would be a bit smaller.
If anyone is not sure about the capacity, I have asked on the Tig forum as it uses the same system.
Im not sure if anyone will know but worth a shot.

Registered
turkishgeezer said:
Hi T-Roc lovers
Thanks for replies
I drive an R-Line
Hi,You can listen to music using your phone via Blue tooth.Through the media system.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Steve said:
turkishgeezer said:
Hi T-Roc lovers
Thanks for replies
I drive an R-Line
Hi,You can listen to music using your phone via Blue tooth.Through the media system.
I tried mate. Bluetooth connects if I want to use the phone to send text or make calls without any issues. It does it automatically as soon as I get in the car. But for some reason it won't connect the music over bluetooth.I got options on my phone for Bluetooth AVRCP starting from version 1.4 to 1.6 but still won't. Not even sure which one to choose as on the car system it just says AVRCP. Very puzzled with all this 馃槧

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just an update on Bluetooth connection, I changed the codec on my phone and my Spotify is connected via Bluetooth 鉁 .

Registered
My relatively recent Golf has pretty much the same system as the one I played around on my T-Roc test.

On that, Bluetooth & supplied VW Lightning cable both work for me (iPhone XS, previously iPhone 6s which also worked the same). I also have a 14Gb SD card of music I keep inserted into the slot inside the passenger glove box too.

As an aside… when music is played via phone the sleeve artwork shows on the car display for all Apple Music (both subscription/streamed and library), the first track played on Spotify shows up info/artwork then continues playing while showing the first track it played, while music selected from the SD card never shows the album artwork, only the title/artist. That may be due to meta tagging coming from iTunes, though.

Registered
turkishgeezer said:
Steve said:
turkishgeezer said:
Hi T-Roc lovers
Thanks for replies
I drive an R-Line
I tried mate. Bluetooth connects if I want to use the phone to send text or make calls without any issues. It does it automatically as soon as I get in the car. But for some reason it won't connect the music over bluetooth.I got options on my phone for Bluetooth AVRCP starting from version 1.4 to 1.6 but still won't. Not even sure which one to choose as on the car system it just says AVRCP. Very puzzled with all this 馃槧
Have you turned bluetooth on the main screen?.Press media on the screen then settings then Bluetooth.

Registered
Hi Just joined now !
I haven't tried to connect a external hard drive my self yet but I've connected my Samsung s8+ via Bluetooth and it works great with phone and my music 馃憤

T-Roc EVO Design 1.5

1 - 11 of 11 Posts