Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys!

I've had my T-Roc for about 7 months and a month ago I noticed my right backligth is cracked.
In my opinion it is not because the light was hit by something, as the cracks are evenly distributed over the lower part. Besides if that is the case, the light had to be hit very hard over a greater surface to achieve suck cracks and not any larger additional crack. Also there is no scratches on the paint around the light.
Though I must mention, I close the boot relatively hard because the springs are very strong and I must be very agrresive to do it.

It looks like a manufacturing fault. Dealer obviously denied that, though I am still waiting official response from VW.

I attached some photos.

What is your opinion on this? Has anyone else experienced a similar thing (cracked light) with a different car? Do you also need to use so much force to close the boot on your T-Roc?

Have a great day!

-Joej979

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
They look like 'stress-fractures' to me, suggesting that the light lens/fitment has been not fitted squarely or has been over-tightened

·
Registered
186 Posts
I read somewhre in the TRoc manial that if the tailgate is closed with your hand on the lens instead of the tailgate itself then damage to the lens could occur. Potentially this could happen at a hand car wash when you aren't present or at the garage. I always use the hand hole within the interior trim and swing down so as not to put pressure on the tailgate at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never close tailgate pressing on the ligth, so that is not the reason. Probably just a fault by manafucaturer or installation processes.

Besides, am I the only one who thinks tailgate is relativel hard to close? I am afraid I will tear the interior trim someday as I use the hand hole all the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts