Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Following on from the original poster’s query, I made a journey in my t-roc today and noticed something a bit strange. My display is set as shown in the photo…

Vehicle Car Speedometer Odometer Gauge

The thing is, I originally had it set to show this info but for the current journey, not long-term! I don’t recall changing it and for the life of me, I cannot find it again. I am wondering if there has been some recent software update ‘improvement’ that has done away with that view. I have the MiB3 infotainment system. Incidentally I also found recently that my dipping wing mirror had forgotten its dipped position and had to be reset.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have tried toggling through the pages as you suggested but it just doesn’t seem to be there any more. I will have to set aside a bit of time parked on the driveway and gave a proper look

·
Registered
57 Posts
Depending on the age of your T-Roc you travel the states by pressing ‘OK’ as noted in post #4. Short press for traveling, long press to reset. My T-Roc is 2021.

• If the Overview in the MFD shows 'Long-term' or 'Since refuelling', press 'OK' repeatedly until you see 'Since start', then press and hold 'OK' until the data is reset.
View attachment 4289

View attachment 4290
Thanks for the advice. I haven’t tried this so will give it a go next time I am in the car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My “dip in reverse” function has stopped returning to normal after driving away. This has been a widely reported bug in VW’s cars for years. Lazy software development as usual from VAG: their bugs never get fixed. I’ve even heard reports of it still being present in MIB3 cars.
One day mine just started swinging outwards instead of down for no apparent reason. All I had to do to remedy the problem was put the car into reverse and use the mirror joystick to reset it back to the desired position and it has been fine ever since.

·
Registered
57 Posts
As described in my opening post (#1) and again in post #4 ...

In Summary:
I believe the default is to display 'Since start' data in the AID and MFD, but if you want to display 'Long-term' or 'Since refuelling', here is what to do (on cars with digital display and multifunction steering wheel)

1. Press the Left/Right (menu) buttons on the right side of the steering wheel to scroll through the options, and select Driving Data
  2. The last used Driving Data category will display in the MFD (eg Speed or Range)
  3. Press Up/Down buttons to scroll through the Driving Data categories and select 'Overview'
  4. When the 'Overview' data is displayed in the MFD, the current memory name (ie 'Since start', 'Long-term' or 'Since refuelling') will also be shown.
  5. Press 'OK' repeatedly to cycle through the 3 memories

Apologies to all if that wasn't clear.
This is great, thanks. It’s not that it wasn’t clear it’s just me being a bit dense :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts