Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
SteveM64 said:
Ah okay 馃ゴ
It's got the SD slot in the glovebox.
Are you 100% certain?
It's got a cd player and x2 sd card slots as in the photo.

Your car would have been built before August 2020. Personal computer Output device Gadget Office equipment Laptop accessory

Attachments

Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
SteveM64 said:
Hi guys
I downloaded the logo's onto my mobile and transferred them onto the infotainment system.
Any idea on how to get them on the larger screen?馃
I had a poke about with mine just now. "MIB2 infotainment system"
Whilst connected to my mobile phone, it doesn't give me access to all my folders so I had to move the photo I wanted.
Pen drive or sd card would be easier.
Anyway here's a video of updating the station logo.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GL1e1em89jeLRHLGwO9-dDmTDPZOP5CE/view?usp=drivesdk

Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL

Registered
Be good to know too! I've certainly not been able to!

Registered
1.5 TSI EVO R-Line Ravenna Blue/Black 2018 Manual
Does anyone have the original logo zip file for MIB2? VW have taken down their link

Super Moderator
Does anyone have the original logo zip file for MIB2? VW have taken down their link
Here's one I downloaded in July 2021 but all the files it contains are dated 31/03/2020. Better than nothing I suppose.

BTW - this new forum operator does not support uploading zip files, so I have cheated by adding .pdf to the filename extension. Just remove the .pdf from the name after downloading ... or even easier, drop the .pdf off the name in 'Save As' dialog.

I tried it before and it worked.

Attachments

Reactions: singh23

Registered
1.5 TSI EVO R-Line Ravenna Blue/Black 2018 Manual
Here's one I downloaded in July 2021 but all the files it contains are dated 31/03/2020. Better than nothing I suppose.

BTW - this new forum operator does not support uploading zip files, so I have cheated by adding .pdf to the filename extension. Just remove the .pdf from the name after downloading ... or even easier, drop the .pdf off the name in 'Save As' dialog.

I tried it before and it worked.
Very kind of you, thank you

Radio stations in the UK

Use this web site on your laptop or desktop PC. Select one radio station at a time, go towards the bottom of that radio station page and clik on the link,
"Get a radio logo for your VW and Skoda car radio."
Right clik on the logo and save it to a SD Card or USB stick. Continue with every radio station you need for DAB-FM-AM.
I used a USB stick to install onto my T-Roc and a fleet of Skodas at work.
Really easy.

You might be able to download to your mobile with a long press on the logo but I don't know if connecting the mobile to the car with a USB charging wire would allow logo installation.

Use one of the car settings screens that installs radio logos and follow the instructions.
Superb advice to those who cannot locate the .zip file in future

Registered
Me too
Anyone figured out a way to get the missing logos on an mib3 infotainment system???
I've been having g a look with obd eleven to see if there is a way of unblocking the usb sockets to except file upload but I dont really know what I'm looking for.. any help please??

Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
@mikejmicav in my experience with obdeleven, if there was away to do it someone would already have it on another VAG forum somewhere.
So just do a Web search & if it's not there it can't be done 馃馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
@mikejmicav in my experience with obdeleven, if there was away to do it someone would already have it on another VAG forum somewhere.
So just do a Web search & if it's not there it can't be done 馃馃し鈥嶁檪锔
Someone needs to figure it out before it can be done.
All the hardware is the same as it was when you could manually add logos except for the lack of sd card slots but you didn't need to upload via sd card slot you could use the USB ports.
It's got to be a setting that has been disabled somewhere. It just needs to be found..
I hope with all the interest in this subject that someone will come up with a solution..
VAG have removed a working option. It just doesn't make sense... put it back VAG........

Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
@mikejmicav i had a look around the Internet & no one can do it.
On the Ross tech website, one of the members says that the logo upload option left the unit vulnerable to hacking. MIB2 units & older can be hacked, the MIB3 can't be at the minute anyhow 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
OK thanks.
Great we all have to sit here with an infereor product after spending thousands. Why doesn't the unit pick up the logos over the air like other manufacturers? Take radio x. I know that logo is broadcast across the air as I have seen it on ford and other manufacturers head units...
I can't understand why some are picked up and others aren't??

Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
Supposedly?? some radio stations don't transmit their logos because it uses up to much bandwidth?

Altough you're saying other car manufacturers units do have/receive the logos 馃

It would make more sense some radio stations not transmitting them & that's why we get some logos?

Registered
I have MIB 3. When I went through the channel listings and chose some as favourites, the logo appears on some, but not all. I'm inclined to agree that some stations aren't transmitting them. Seems strange that VW would set up the radio software to include some logos and exclude others. Then again, we are talking VW here .......

21 - 40 of 40 Posts