Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes when I am on DAB I can't up the volume. I can lower it but when I lower it I can't up it and once I lower it down to zero and it mutes I can't unmute it, neither with the steering wheel nor the media display. Is that normal?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
This sounds like a fault with your unit. I have no problems adjusting the volume with radio, media or sat nav.
Take the car to your dealer and let them sort it out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
braveheart74 said:
This sounds like a fault with your unit. I have no problems adjusting the volume with radio, media or sat nav.
Take the car to your dealer and let them sort it out.
Do you think it's all connected/due to a faulty head unit (phone, android and volume issues)? I've written to the dealer, I may have to drop it in but you know what they'll say: "Have you tried this? Have you tried that? Must be your phone/cable etc"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
One quick question from someone who has never used Apple Car Play / Android Car Play; does the phone need to connect via the USB cable at all? Can't it connect purely through Bluetooth (once paired)?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Superhero said:
Sometimes when I am on DAB I can't up the volume. I can lower it but when I lower it I can't up it and once I lower it down to zero and it mutes I can't unmute it, neither with the steering wheel nor the media display. Is that normal?
Like With any other computer, turn it OFF and wait 30seconds and see if it has fixed it-self.

Now, How Do You turn it all the Way "off" is another good question.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
hafman said:
One quick question from someone who has never used Apple Car Play / Android Car Play; does the phone need to connect via the USB cable at all? Can't it connect purely through Bluetooth (once paired)?
For now, the only whay that Apple o Android work is with cable connection. Skoda is working on and update to work with Bluetooth only, hope VW'll do the same, because is a little ridiculous to charge the phone wireless on the tray, but had to connect the cable to work on Android or Apple.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Thanks for the update, deftonkorn. But was you say, it is not a great situation!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
deftonkorn said:
For now, the only whay that Apple o Android work is with cable connection. Skoda is working on and update to work with Bluetooth only, hope VW'll do the same, because is a little ridiculous to charge the phone wireless on the tray, but had to connect the cable to work on Android or Apple.
Android auto can't work over Bluetooth, it needs more bandwidth than Bluetooth can deliver. Companies, VW included, are working on implementing it via WiFi. With that in mind it's never going to be a firmware tweak to implement it, it will be brand new head units when it comes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Mackemsteve said:
deftonkorn said:
For now, the only whay that Apple o Android work is with cable connection. Skoda is working on and update to work with Bluetooth only, hope VW'll do the same, because is a little ridiculous to charge the phone wireless on the tray, but had to connect the cable to work on Android or Apple.
Android auto can't work over Bluetooth, it needs more bandwidth than Bluetooth can deliver. Companies, VW included, are working on implementing it via WiFi. With that in mind it's never going to be a firmware tweak to implement it, it will be brand new head units when it comes.
Maybe to stream music will work on older cellphones, but as you say the system got bandwidth limitations over Bluetooth but the 3.0 or 4.0 is able to stream at 24Mbps, didn't know if it'll be enough to work all together but with a advise that the system will work faster over cable on the screen to let the user know that if you feel the maps laggy or some function froze is due to Bluetooth limitation, for almost all everyday users will be enough.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
I clicked on Superhero's first post while drinking a large whisky and watching Florence and the Machine on TV. I don't know how much you can get away with on forums,but here goes. I read the post and had to laugh as It sounded just like my sexual status as I'm 71 years old.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
535 Posts
Superhero said:
Sometimes when I am on DAB I can't up the volume. I can lower it but when I lower it I can't up it and once I lower it down to zero and it mutes I can't unmute it, neither with the steering wheel nor the media display. Is that normal?
Did you ever get this resolved?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,005 Posts
Tomahawk said:
I clicked on Superhero's first post while drinking a large whisky and watching Florence and the Machine on TV. I don't know how much you can get away with on forums,but here goes. I read the post and had to laugh as It sounded just like my sexual status as I'm 71 years old.
Someone who has the forum name Tomahawk should not have a chopper problem :lol:
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top