Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had my T-roc for 15 months with no problems. However when I picked it up from the car wash this morning I got the message
DATA TRANSFER IS CURRENTLY SET TO MAXIMUM PRIVACY.
YOU CAN CHANGE IN CONTROL CENTRE.
What does this mean and how can I change it? Where is the Control Centre. Handbook useless!

·
Super Moderator
2,826 Posts
In the Owner's Manual (handbook), the Data Transfer section contains a sub-section for Privacy Settings where you will find descriptions of the 4 privacy modes and how they affect various systems in the car. The modes represent different levels of privacy and range from Maximum Privacy (now called Offline mode) to essentially no privacy (called Share My Position).

In the Infotainment system, navigate to Menu (or Home) and then select Settings. Within that, you should find where the current privacy setting can be displayed and changed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the Owner's Manual (handbook), the Data Transfer section contains a sub-section for Privacy Settings where you will find descriptions of the 4 privacy modes and how they affect various systems in the car. The modes represent different levels of privacy and range from Maximum Privacy (now called Offline mode) to essentially no privacy (called Share My Position).

In the Infotainment system, navigate to Menu (or Home) and then select Settings. Within that, you should find where the current privacy setting can be displayed and changed.
All sorted now, many thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts