Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks!

I'm currently finalising the spec to purchase, doing my research and sifting out the wants from the needs. Right now I'm looking at 1.5 SE, with a panoramic roof, 18s & running boards, and trying to work out the worth in DCC.

Have read all sorts, that people without it don't miss it, but that those who do wouldn't live without, but it also sounds like it only comes into its own on an automatic.

Anybody here who opted for it on a manual? Whatcha think?

Would also love to know thoughts on run boards & the sunroof.

Cheers!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I considered adding this option but after having a similar if more basic version on my arona I don't think I can justify nearly 900 quid on it. In the arona standard was firm but sport mode was quite hard causing the car to become fidgety over anything other than bollard smooth roads, as the front wheel drive versions use a beam rear chassis as opposed to independent I don't think you'd see the full benefit. Different story if you were to buy a golf gti I suppose. As I don't think they're are any available to test drive with it fitted it would be hard to see if you had spent well until the car arrives. I would probably opt for the sports suspension, which is less than half price. Just my views and for me ultimately it was too much money to spend just to find out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems so daft that none of the showrooms have it on their test models, if it were any good it could be such an easy upsell! I agree, on a golf it makes all the sense in the world, as having the occasional bit of comfort makes sense for an otherwise performance-lead vehicle.

I was tempted by the sports suspension, but I'm not sure that would tick my boxes for what use it's realistically going to get. The main mileage is going to be motorways visiting family, which tends to be 400 miles most weekends, and so comfort becomes important, but I do love driving and want a car that will give that element too, as well as have the capability to get me round scotland during November - cake, and eat it!

Again, such a shame there's no test models about, or at least a decent review online.

·
Registered
393 Posts
On your question about running boards.I sat in a T-roc with boards in a showroom and found they got in the way when getting in and out of the car, banging my legs on them.They are only needed on higher bigger cars and are just for show and not needed on the T-roc.I find it a lot easier without them on my T-roc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve said:
On your question about running boards.I sat in a T-roc with boards in a showroom and found they got in the way when getting in and out of the car, banging my legs on them.They are only needed on higher bigger cars and are just for show and not needed on the T-roc.I find it a lot easier without them on my T-roc.
Thanks Steve, I'd only seen them in the catalogue and thought they'd look nice aesthetically, but the practicality of not bashing my legs against them wins! I'll check that off the list...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Henshore said:
Steve said:
Thanks Steve, I'd only seen them in the catalogue and thought they'd look nice aesthetically, but the practicality of not bashing my legs against them wins! I'll check that off the list...
Yes i agree they do look great aesthetically,Your money could go to something more practical,What would you add to your list instead?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Steve said:
Henshore said:
Steve said:
Yes i agree they do look great aesthetically,Your money could go to something more practical,What would you add to your list instead?
Tempted by the rear camera, and potentially the high-beam assist, though I do find whilst driving at night the having to be 'on it' with the lights is a good way to keep awake and spritely! I would quite happily stick it into the beats sound system if it wasn't for those ugly 'b's around the car...

·
Registered
240 Posts
On the high beam assist, I looked at adding this but have read about some of the Skoda superbs being coded to activate this feature as it uses the lane assist camera. I've not seen anything to say it can't be done on the t roc as it's mqb based I would think it would be. Once my finally arrives I make some enquiries, think it may be the same for the pre sense as they re both the same price.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dolphinfriendly1012 said:
On the high beam assist, I looked at adding this but have read about some of the Skoda superbs being coded to activate this feature as it uses the lane assist camera. I've not seen anything to say it can't be done on the t roc as it's mqb based I would think it would be. Once my finally arrives I make some enquiries, think it may be the same for the pre sense as they re both the same price.
Well in that case it may well just be the rear view camera! Functions like the electronic boot & keyless are tempting too, as are tinted windows, but I like to think of it in the monthlies, would I spend £X per month for it? Current answer personally is a no, as cool as they are!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts