Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watched a video on 'Dealership Protectants' are they worth it?

Interested to know if any of you have had this treatment done on your T-roc at your local VW garage?
If so - were you pleased, or disappointed with it?

Regards -
Geoff

·
Registered
240 Posts
On my last new car I sent it to a professional valeted to have the paint mopped and detailed and long life wax and on the interior all the seats, roof lining, carpets, dash and door cards with gyeon products, the water literally rolls of the seats and ice cream spillage was wiped off. Plus exterior plastics and wheels done for just under 400 quid. Took 2 days but I think it's better money spent on a professional than risk who does it at the dealers.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Dolpinfriendly1024-
Reason I ask is I previously booked this whilst ordering my car.
I must admit I'm feeling a little nervous now, after seeing the video, and noting your reply about taking it to a proffessional outfit.
Thinking about seeing if I could cancel it-it's not due to be picked up until Friday (should have been yesterday-but it is now scheduled for Friday).
I'm in two minds now.
Regards
Geoff

·
Registered
240 Posts
The benefits for me were that they were able to remove swirls in the paint, glass, plastics and iron fall out. Once done they said the bumpers had been the worst and needed the most work to correct but in the sunlight now it's like glass. Will definitely be getting the same done to the roc when it arrives. Also the dealers ship will charge between 3 & 500 quid to put on either autoglym lifeshine or supaguard both of which you can pick up off eBay for less than 50 quid and it will be applied with nonprofit prep to your paint.what made my mind up the most was when I was at a seat dealership and they had new cars in their showroom with the bright lights shining on them and all you see was swirls and fine scratches, funnily enough their valeted was going round with a damp.cloth wiping them all over :eek:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to update people taking an interest-
I went for the 'Autoglym Life shine'. After seeing the results I am very pleased with the professional standard it has achieved.
I talked to my dealer about my worries of having it done, and voiced my concerns, he assured me it would be carried out to the upmost standard that Autoglym require. The gentleman in question had been trained to carry out work to a high standard and had been Certificated by Autoglym,
Checkout the 'Members Gallery' to see the results that show the 'proof of the pudding'.
Bearing your comments in mind Dolphin-(I was very grateful for those), I enquired about the uncertainty of the finish and didn't want a back room numpty doing it. I was told there was a time when garages did this, employing 'joe Bloggs'-But apparently, it is now only the practice of poorly run 'non certificated' garages that carry out this level of service.
I looked on Amazon for the products I got handed to me (quite a lot in there-bag included), and there is no way you could get my products for less than £50-In fact thinking about it I would still have to apply the products, and in the correct manor, of which at the end I would not of had a 'Lifetime' guarantee.
So if anybody is thinking of having it done-talk to your dealer to hopefully allay your fears-Yes its expensive, but for me I was glad I went for it-At the end of the day its up to the purchaser. Like I say checkout the results in the Members Gallery.
Regards-Geoff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.