Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the average delivery time after being notified order has left factory?

·
Registered
376 Posts
You mean there as an actual factory? My words thats new. I thought that they were allocated by the National Lottery or the Random Postcode system then forwarded to Harry Potter. Certainly not by any form of fairness based on date of order :eek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well wow cheers for the informative update there

·
Registered
203 Posts
Lexio, if you read the 95 page (and counting) 'Major delay' thread you will understand the problems in giving a average time for delivery. The factory and port have lots of cars stood due to the new emission testing and dock strikes. Also, some orders made earlier in the year have not been issued with a build date (personally I think they are 'lost' orders) so you ordering in September and having a build date of 3rd December is brilliant.
If all goes ok, then I would estimate your car will arrive in UK (assuming you are in UK) in early January with then 2 to 3 weeks for delivery to dealer and you.
This is only my thoughts. If it has an actual build then your dealer should be able to give you a fairly good idea of delivery date.
Enjoy your T-Roc when you get it - they're great.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers RedRoc
I didn't know the answer to my question was in that thread - as that's the major build delay.
My build profile went to left the factory 30/11, so if the 2-3 wks is right then that will be a nice Christmas present for me, it's cancelled for those that would've got presents off of me though.
I am looking forward to getting it, a big difference from the corsa I currently have

·
Registered
376 Posts
Lexio said:
Well wow cheers for the informative update there
Sorry for the sarcasm Lexio but when someone has ordered in September and has a notice of the car having left the factory November, it is a little frustrating to those who ordered March/April/May and still dont have a confirmed order notice.
I hope you are lucky to get the car so quickly.
I feel you may just be getting the advantage of a car ordered by another who has given up on the whole waiting fiasco, but where the dealer has retained the order to be sold from stock - this has been the case for some where they have walked in and bought direct from the showroom, and frankly, thats great to know some have been so lucky.
Enjoy. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2 Posts
My car was ordered 31 08 18. I had a text from VW on the 22 11 18 to advise that my T-ROC has been built and left the factory and is in transit.
When I contacted the main dealer to try to get an idea of when it might be in UK I was told it was on a ship that was stuck in Spain due to an industrial dispute. Spain? What's my car doing in Spain? A quick Google search and I discovered that they are assembled in Portugal. That explains why all the early reviews were filmed in Portugal.
Yesterday I had an update - There are shipping delays for T-Roc because of ongoing strike action in the port of Setubal, Portugal. Vehicles are currently being moved from Setubal to a different port in Spain. Strike actions are not yet resolved and re-trucking to alternative ports is expected to continue until January. There are also large volumes of cars being released from stock banking that have caused shipping backlogs in Iberia.

There are still approximately 1,800 delayed T-Roc with the next ship expected to be loaded on Friday 14 December. We have escalated the delays and shipping plan to Group Vehicle Planning and Logistics (GVPL) for mitigation actions.'

Looks like I will have a new car for 2019.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well my dealership rang me a fortnight ago and said I'll be in by christmas, I thought sweet, nice present for me.
I've just called them now, as time is fleeting.
To be told there are delays in TRocs due to a port problem.
Having read your post Mackille now I know why, they have forecast me to now ben in it by 2020.
Not the sweet Xmas I anticipated...dammit

Means I've got to buy family presents now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts