Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I've just joined the forum, which looks very helpful and interesting. FYI, I ordered my T-ROC on August 12th. Latest I have been told by my dealership is that there is no confirmed build date, but it is expected to be the end of November. It's a 1.0 TSI Active in Ravenna Blue. I opted for a reversing camera, lumbar support and driver fatigue detection. I'll update when I know more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered my R-Line on 17 May, and took delivery on 20 Oct! Had a sunroof, which probably slowed things down. Lovely car, if only they had used a little less cheap plastic inside.
Hi Jessie. Yes, every review I have seen of T-Roc slates the quality of the interior plastics. I suppose we can't say we didn't know, I just hope that all the good things about it outweigh what seems to be the only bad thing that is so widely agreed upon.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi VWMan and Jessie
I’ve just found this forum as I have also ordered a new T-Roc Active 1.5 150ps to replace my current Golf
Mine will be flash red and black and I have optioned the reverse camera, spare wheel and lumbar supports
I ordered on 24 September the last day which factory order books were open and I was given a scheduled build date of last week in November but the dealer said not to rely on this given current issues!
as for the plastics I’ve seen that they seem to be the major issue with the car but they aren’t that great on the golf 8 my current golf is one of the first uk cars made and it doesn’t seem as well made as my 7 or 7.5
I will update when I know more but seems ours should be made at a similar time VW man

Daniel

·
Registered
466 Posts
@JessieM @VWMan You never give the hard plastics a second thought after a day or two 🤷‍♂️
You might get the odd passenger having a feel & commenting though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi VWMan and Jessie
I’ve just found this forum as I have also ordered a new T-Roc Active 1.5 150ps to replace my current Golf
Mine will be flash red and black and I have optioned the reverse camera, spare wheel and lumbar supports
I ordered on 24 September the last day which factory order books were open and I was given a scheduled build date of last week in November but the dealer said not to rely on this given current issues!
as for the plastics I’ve seen that they seem to be the major issue with the car but they aren’t that great on the golf 8 my current golf is one of the first uk cars made and it doesn’t seem as well made as my 7 or 7.5
I will update when I know more but seems ours should be made at a similar time VW man

Daniel
Thanks Daniel. Yes, be good to share info as and when we have any.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Daniel. Yes, be good to share info as and when we have any.
My order from August now has a confirmed build date of week 49. I calculate that to be w/c 10th December, which is about 4 months after I placed my order. That will possibly mean I take delivery in early January. In the grand scheme of all things in car production right now, I suppose it's what we have to expect. I just hope it's worth the wait.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wonder if mine will be around when yours is made I’ve heard from the dealer that a build week has been scheduled of the end of November but that date is expected to go backwards still not got a actual date yet
I remember seal on here saying they are starting to build the series 2 after Christmas so makes sense for it to come over

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
My order from August now has a confirmed build date of week 49. I calculate that to be w/c 10th December, which is about 4 months after I placed my order. That will possibly mean I take delivery in early January. In the grand scheme of all things in car production right now, I suppose it's what we have to expect. I just hope it's worth the wait.
Definitely worth the wait, and to be fair, August to December/January in current circumstances ain't too bad.

Week 49 is w/c Monday 6th December ending Friday 10th.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Oh dear ... you know what they used to say about 'Friday' cars.

Only joking ... I'm sure things have changed.

Just in nice time for Chrismas if you're lucky - enjoy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Daniel,
Great to hear you are getting closer to taking delivery of your T-ROC.
I notice you have ordered a 1.5 Active, whereas I went for a 1.0 liter. Apparently mine is still waiting for semiconductors, even though it was ordered over 5 weeks before you ordered yours. My best guess is that VW are dealing with models that generate the most profit first.
Maybe someone out there has a different take on this, or even finds themselves in the same position as me and can confirm my theory.
I'd be interested to hear anyone else's comments.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes it was a complete shock, i spoke to my dealer last Friday and they said the car was showing as not built and would be December (was originally scheduled for last week and was built on time as it happens) and then he emailed me Monday to say the car was built and at Setubal awaiting transit to Grimsby
Yes i have again gone for the 1.5 TSI as i had it in my Golf. It could be I am not sure but i did read on here that some T Roc are coming through earlier than they were scheduled (I think it was Seal who said) so there is no hard and fast rules on deliveries and my dealer said something similar

1 - 13 of 13 Posts