Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a good sense of what the difference is between Car-Net and VW Connect apps?

I have car-net set up but will need a data plug if I want VW connect. Should I bother?

Also is using your phone as a hot spot the only way to use the Car-net guide and inform services?

It's all so confusing. To be honest Car Play is so good it's all I'll probably use.

Cheers

·
Registered
402 Posts
VW connect is of little use. It lets your dealer know when a service is near, so they can get in touch and choose a date, but I'm quite able to do that on my own (been doing it that way for 40 years). There's no other good use that I can see.

·
Registered
19 Posts
VW Connect also evaluates your driving style, encouraging you to meet goals, helps you monitor fuel usage and record trip statistics as some examples. Car net allows you to pre plan a route and send it to your sat nav and depending on the services your model is subscribed to or that you've purchased, can set up speed or area alerts and remotely activate horn/indicators helping you locate your car.
So Vw Connect records statistics and Car net helps you remotely communicate with your car is how I see it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay thanks.

I doubt I'll need VW Connect but might grab a plug to have a play just out of curiosity. Doubt I'll use either app after the novelty period wears off 😂

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.