Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

Registered
Hawkeye said:
Me - I'm just considering what colour to paint the calipers ;)
I'd be interested to know what paint and process you'd employ for the job Hawkeye, just in case I ever get around to doing it.

I know with you there will be several important prep stages, full research of materials, a warm, dry day, a one-piece clinical oversuit, lunch served during the work and maximum expense :D

Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
T Roo said:
Hawkeye said:
Me - I'm just considering what colour to paint the calipers ;)
I'd be interested to know what paint and process you'd employ for the job Hawkeye, just in case I ever get around to doing it.

I know with you there will be several important prep stages, full research of materials, a warm, dry day, a one-piece clinical oversuit, lunch served during the work and maximum expense :D
I want to do mine lime green. I saw lime green ones on my neighbor's Jag and it looks awesome. I'll probably just pay a workshop though as I will likely just make a horrible mess 馃ぃ

Registered
twist said:
I want to do mine lime green. I saw lime green ones on my neighbor's Jag and it looks awesome. I'll probably just pay a workshop though as I will likely just make a horrible mess 馃ぃ
Hang on twist, wait and see what Hawkeye says. Lime green paws on a grey kangaroo sound really cool :)

Registered
vernerbongo2 said:
T Roc Chick said:
Not for me either I'm afraid
:cool:
Hell no :shock:

I prefer this :D
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Although I've ordered this (mayfield black alloys that aren't all black)

Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Automotive lighting

Attachments

Super Moderator
Can't decide ? Want to be different ? Then why not have a different colour for each wheel !

Or how about LED wheels with changing colours to match the interior mood lighting ?

Being Scottish, we would insist on having a tartan option too.

I'll let the photoshop artists provide the mock ups.

Registered
Impala said:
Can't decide ? Want to be different ? Then why not have a different colour for each wheel !

Or how about LED wheels with changing colours to match the interior mood lighting ?

Great idea, how about saltire alloys? They match the blue car very well

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Attachments

Registered
@twist - lime green calipers - hmm hadn't considered Lime Green. Been looking at maybe purple as being a bit subtle, but part of the decision will be the transfers to go on top - I may just get some made if I can't find any I like ideally a nice "R" I think for R-Line.

As for paint - researched that some time back - e-Tech paint, excellent stuff, gives a great finish (you need to do 2 coats mind and have the caliper nice and clean) and long lasting as well. Example auction:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RED-E-Tech-Brake-Caliper-Paint-Kit-Also-For-Drums-Car-ETECH-Engine-Bay/251749046265?hash=item3a9d6997f9:g:yS4AAOSwAL9UhaOg

But at the moment everything is on hold, as had Smart Meters installed yesterday and they discovered a gas leak somewhere in the pipework under the house. Fortunately the costs of sorting it are covered under insurance, but both house and garage are upside down at the moment where the tracing has been going on, and the gas is still off - awaiting a date when they can remedy this next week sometime. So the diet's on hold as well as no hob or cooker with no gas :lol:

Anyway, off to the Prescott Bike Festival this weekend https://www.prescottbikefestival.co.uk/ to do a couple of runs up the hill on my bike woohoo - anyone else going perhaps?

Registered
Impala said:
Be careful what you wish for Impala, you can get dust caps from China that change colour as the wheel spins..... :eek:

(and no I won't be fitting those :lol: )

G

Discussion Starter · #29 ·
T Roc Chick said:
vernerbongo2 said:
T Roc Chick said:
Not for me either I'm afraid
:cool:
Hell no :shock:

I prefer this :D
Screenshot 2019-06-14 at 11.01.29.png

Although I've ordered this (mayfield black alloys that aren't all black)

Screenshot 2019-06-14 at 11.08.31.png
Not liking the orange wheels, they are worse than the black 馃槀
You've ended up with the right choice 馃憣

G

Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Impala said:

Very good Impala :lol: :D

Registered

Attachments

Registered
Now those I like ^

G

Discussion Starter · #34 ·
vernerbongo2 said:
Scuffed a rim yesterday and a back rim is already corroding due to a stone chip or something?
Never was a big fan of diamond cut finishes as the lacquer can give problems.
A bit early to be fixing I think :roll:

Has anyone seen t-roc's with different rims on them or sprayed a different colour?

Might consider spraying mine silver or black sometime down the line but it's a difficult one or change them completely.
Had a wee look around my alloy wheels today and noticed that everyone of them has slight corrosion starting on them.
Right up in near the wheel bolts.

Very annoyed and the cars just approaching 2 years old 馃檮馃槖馃お

Super Moderator
Diamond cut wheels have a reputation for corrosion. Some of the worst examples I've seen are on Kia Sportage models.

I don't suppose the warranty would cover it. Have you asked ?

G

Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Impala said:
Diamond cut wheels have a reputation for corrosion. Some of the worst examples I've seen are on Kia Sportage models.

I don't suppose the warranty would cover it. Have you asked ?
I agree about the diamond cut finish in general, they all go the same way at some stage.
I just have a feeling I'll be Fobbed off with excuses of stone chips starting the corrosion 馃槒

Out of the four wheels, I kerbed one although there's also corrosion elsewhere on the wheel not related.
The other wheel possibly had a stone chip and started corrosion there but again also has corrosion in several places elsewhere on the wheel not related.

Another thing is, if I go to my nearest dealer who I never bought the car off they'll definitely not be interested?

Registered
vernerbongo2 said:
Another thing is, if I go to my nearest dealer who I never bought the car off they'll definitely not be interested?
They will. VW reimburse any approved VW dealership with covered warranty work. They will want the business so worth asking.

G

Discussion Starter · #38 ·
twist said:
vernerbongo2 said:
They will. VW reimburse any approved VW dealership with covered warranty work. They will want the business so worth asking.
Bottom line is, it's worth asking I suppose ;)

Super Moderator
vernerbongo2 said:
Im sure I will be one among many waiting to hear how you get on.

It's hard to see how stone chips would get close to the wheel nuts, and on all four wheels ! Have the wheels been removed at any time, for tyre fitting or if you had the mooing rear brakes ?

G

Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Impala said:
vernerbongo2 said:
Have the wheels been removed at any time, for tyre fitting or if you had the mooing rear brakes ?
One was removed after a flat.

Having a kerbed wheel probably won't help the cause 馃

21 - 40 of 64 Posts