Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts
G

Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Called in with my local dealer on Monday past!
X3 alloys replaced under warranty on Thursday but wouldn't replace the 4th as I had touched a kerb with it.
Disappointed as I had commented there is corrosion starting elsewhere on it so what's the difference?
Took it up with VW UK and they told me it's between me and the dealership, they would act as an intermediary but the dealerships decision would be final.

Now left with what to do with the 4th wheel 馃

Super Moderator
vernerbongo2 said:
Called in with my local dealer on Monday past!
X3 alloys replaced under warranty on Thursday but wouldn't replace the 4th as I had touched a kerb with it.
Disappointed as I had commented there is corrosion starting elsewhere on it so what's the difference?
Took it up with VW UK and they told me it's between me and the dealership, they would act as an intermediary but the dealerships decision would be final.

Now left with what to do with the 4th wheel 馃
"Three wheels on my (Volks)wagon and I'm still rolling on ... " :lol: :lol:

But seriously, why not make a compromise offer, to save all parties a lot of time and bother ? Try a 50-50 split, or some other figure of your choice, as your contribution for 'betterment' of the kerbing damage and their contribution for an otherwise defective wheel.

Super Moderator
On this subject of kerbing affecting the R-Line wheels, would it be possible to fit 45-profile tyres rather than the standard 40-profile and is there any way to compensate with the speedo calibration (which might affect ACC). How are the speedos set on the different trim levels with variations of wheel/tyre sizes, and what if you get dealer fit alternative wheels ?

G

Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Impala said:
Why not make a compromise offer, to save all parties a lot of time and bother ? Try a 50-50 split, or some other figure of your choice, as your contribution for 'betterment' of the kerbing damage and their contribution for an otherwise defective wheel.
I personally believe volkswagen themselves could have made the call instead of saying the dealership has the final say "bull shit" fob off at its best.
I was told a new wheel costs 拢800 and we can do it for 拢700, I'm certain I seen a brand new one on the Web for 拢350 some time back and off a volkswagen supplier but can't find where I seen it?

I've just dropped it I'll have a think about my options.
1: leave it as it is
2: refurb (not sure how good that is)
3: used alloy

Super Moderator
Someone had one for sale on here a while back ... probably sold but might be worth a search.

Refurb could be OK if done well, but it could set you back a couple of hundred. I've got two with minor kerbing damage, but I'll live with them till the corrosion sets in, then try warranty replacement :D

G

Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Impala said:
On this subject of kerbing affecting the R-Line wheels, would it be possible to fit 45-profile tyres rather than the standard 40-profile and is there any way to compensate with the speedo calibration (which might affect ACC).
The ACC is radar so measures the distance between vehicles, so there probably wouldn't be a massive difference?

Impala said:
How are the speedos set on the different trim levels with variations of wheel/tyre sizes, and what if you get dealer fit alternative wheels ?
Basically the circumference of a wheel must be kept almost the same to keep the correct speed and gearing, smaller diameter rim higher profile tyre, larger rim lower profile tyre. (there's an allowable tolerance of around 1.5%)
Eg 19" 225/40 has the same circumference as a 17" 215/55

You suggesting going up in profile to 45 would make the circumference 70mm more, the speedo would show 60 kmh when you're actually doing 62 kmh.
Not 100% sure if things have changed but this is how it's worked in the past.

Super Moderator
vernerbongo2 said:
I rest my case and direct from volkswagen UK parts :roll:
拢325 is more like it and a serious alternative to refurb. Does that include VAT and delivery, which could add a fair bit if it doesn't.

With regards to my question about the speed/ACC if 45 profile tyres are fitted, I was thinking about the ACC set (desired) speed not matching the actual road speed rather than maintaining distance to vehicle in front, which as you rightly say is controlled by radar. I often use my ACC to control my speed in unfamiliar speed restricted areas as well as on open roads with average speed cameras or going through motorway roadworks with speed cameras.

I wondered if an OBD11 device could alter some 'factor' in a formula that the car might use to calibrate the road speed displayed, or if it is just the old fashioned method based on fixed wheel or final drive shaft revs.

G

Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Impala said:
拢325 is more like it and a serious alternative to refurb. Does that include VAT and delivery, which could add a fair bit if it doesn't.
I've just noticed on the Internet there are two alloy wheel part numbers along with two prices and indeed one does cost around 拢700+ the other 拢325.
I think the cheaper is a copy but is advertised on a genuine vw site.
I must check mine out 馃
Impala said:
I wondered if an OBD11 device could alter some 'factor' in a formula that the car might use to calibrate the road speed displayed, or if it is just the old fashioned method based on fixed wheel or final drive shaft revs.
Way beyond me, too technical :p
I'd guess the old fashioned way?

Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
vernerbongo2 said:
Impala said:
I've just noticed on the Internet there are two alloy wheel part numbers along with two prices and indeed one does cost around 拢700+ the other 拢325.
I think the cheaper is a copy but is advertised on a genuine vw site.
I must check mine out 馃
Impala said:
Way beyond me, too technical :p
I'd guess the old fashioned way?
Just wanted to point out that 'www.volkswagenpartsuk.co.uk' is NOT official VW. They are an independent retailer selling parts. I think you may find that 拢325 is OEM pricing plus markup for an independent shop (and as Impala points out: maybe exclusive of shipping and possibly VAT), whereas ~拢700 might be OEM pricing plus markup at a dealership. I'm pretty confident the 拢325 one is genuine but their contact page seems to be 404-ing right now (slightly suspicious) so I can't ask them directly.

Also, if you check here https://www.volkswagen.at/service-zubehoer/volkswagen-service/reifen-und-raeder/felgen/suzuka the price is listed as 鈧350 and that is a genuine VW website (VW Austria). So I'm a little confused where the 拢700 comes from.

Can you list both part numbers you've found and maybe we can help solve the mystery?

Registered
It appears the link you have sent twist is Sinclair Volkswagen

Registered
htpeargo said:
Thanks for pointing this out: I think some geolocation trickery is happening. You may need to open the link I posted in an Incognito/Private browser window/tab to prevent the auto redirect to VW UK. Even then, it might still do it.

You could also use a VPN to connect to Austria and then click the link :lol:

Bottom line: the content of that page shows that a new 19" Suzuka direct from VW is 鈧350 in Austria. I suspect this includes tax since it's a consumer targeted website. Unlikely to include fitting though and certainly not shipping.

G

Discussion Starter · #54 ·
twist said:
Can you list both part numbers you've found and maybe we can help solve the mystery?
My original post with the screenshot is vw parts UK which is also sinclair volkswagen Cardiff.
Then the following link lists two Suzuka rims with the exact same specifications although one is classed as an accessory and isn't certified which makes me assume its a replica and is the same as sinclair volkswagen, having the same part number.
https://www.original-felgen.com/vw/t-roc/a1/

Volkswagen original part number 2GA 601 025 F NQ9
The alternative rim part number 2GA 071 499 NQ9

Registered
twist said:
htpeargo said:
Thanks for pointing this out: I think some geolocation trickery is happening. You may need to open the link I posted in an Incognito/Private browser window/tab to prevent the auto redirect to VW UK. Even then, it might still do it.

You could also use a VPN to connect to Austria and then click the link :lol:

Bottom line: the content of that page shows that a new 19" Suzuka direct from VW is 鈧350 in Austria. I suspect this includes tax since it's a consumer targeted website. Unlikely to include fitting though and certainly not shipping.
Thanks Clever stuff

Registered
vernerbongo2 said:
twist said:
My original post with the screenshot is vw parts UK which is also sinclair volkswagen Cardiff.
Then the following link lists two Suzuka rims with the exact same specifications although one is classed as an accessory and isn't certified which makes me assume its a replica and is the same as sinclair volkswagen, having the same part number.
https://www.original-felgen.com/vw/t-roc/a1/

Volkswagen original part number 2GA 601 025 F NQ9
The alternative rim part number 2GA 071 499 NQ9
If you look at both rims as listed, the image is identical (note the leaf under the wheel). I suspect it's the same thing but for some reason they use 071 for Tiguan and 601 for T-Roc? If you Google the respective part numbers you'll find the 071 one used in Indian marketing brochures for Tiguan (in India they seem to get 19" Suzuka rather than 20"). Maybe vwparts/Sinclair has just confused the part numbers. Or they know it's just BS and 071 (the Indian part) is cheaper than 601 (I guess the UK part?) so they sell the cheaper one as they're otherwise identical and only a lunatic would pay 拢700 for a single alloy wheel.

Not sure how they're getting away with setting up an independent business site undercutting VW's prices while apparently using their dealership to order the parts from VW. I'm sure VW can't be happy about that. Regardless, that 拢324 is a very good price. And it's definitely not a knock-off or VW are fitting knock-offs to Indian cars!

Registered
My car had these wheels in this colour as standard with the sports pack in Spain the wheel is Kulmbach the colour is Adamantium Silver

Reactions: Vernerbongo2

Registered
Seen these resprayed alloys on a T-Roc forum on Facebook @twist.
View attachment 4379 View attachment 4380 View attachment 4381
As @peterh says above, those were actually an option in some markets and they鈥檙e gorgeous. I would have preferred that color as I feel they blend in better with the Indium Grey of the bodywork. Not offered in the UK for whatever reason.

Has that guy sprayed his R-line badge red? That鈥檚 quite funny. Maybe someone will squint very hard and mistake it for an RS3.

I found this picture online of a lowered T-Roc in what I think is SEL trim and I have to say, it actually kinda looks a bit like an RS3 to me - in terms of the shape I mean. Pretty smart!

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Reactions: Vernerbongo2
41 - 60 of 64 Posts